Iraqi RC Track "work in progress"

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cptvkirk

RCTalk Talkaholic
Reaction score
http://s530.photobucket.com/albums/dd345/cptvkirk/Iraq RC Track/

Ok boys and girls, here's a link that hopefully works where those interested can go and see the track i am working on over here in Iraq. I know it may not be what some of you expect from a typical track, but who says it's supposed to be typical. It's more for fun and bashing with buddies than actual racing, but racing can still be done. Even working on an airstrip that in this talc powder clay dirt is going to be harder than i thought. let me know if the link worked I'm definately hoping to get some feedback on the track. Good and Bad.
I also finally posted a stateside address for those that were interested in sending fuel, in the Operation Iraqi Fuel thread. With any luck, track completion and arrival of fuel will occur with the same month.
Can't wait to hear the opinions

Last edited:
link worked, looks like a lot of fun....

only thing i can think of is your probably gonna need a bit more dirt on the tires and on the jersey barrier before you do the final shaping. i learned in my bmx days that its hard to shape the dirt around foreign objects.....and the last thing you want is to slam your trucks into the concrete after a little erosion

ahahaha thats bad ass

link worked, looks like a lot of fun....

only thing i can think of is your probably gonna need a bit more dirt on the tires and on the jersey barrier before you do the final shaping. i learned in my bmx days that its hard to shape the dirt around foreign objects.....and the last thing you want is to slam your trucks into the concrete after a little erosion

Yeah, I didn't do much with the jersey barrier yet, but the tires, man was kicking myself in the butt for listening to a buddy who was "helping" said put more on because it's easier to shovel it away than it is to haul it there. keeping in mind, i do this project when i'm not on mission and not performing maintenance...usually means late at night an lit by the moon, so i added more against my better judgment. I payed for it....twice. The idea on the huge tires is to be a nearly vertical launch up the front with gradual but low slope off the back. leaving only the top half of the tire exposed. Thought I could wet it and shape it on my own but I forgot how heavy this crap got once water was added. I shoveled nearly half the pile off the front of of the slope and continued to add water till I had a very solid and hard packed base that will hopefully dry and be easily scraped and clean up at a later date. I wore blisters in my hands shoveling all that away and could only blame myself. And yes, I've already heard all the pilots and handtools jokes. but either way, yeah, if i had a landing ramp, absolutely add more dirt but since the purpose i'm shooting for it if hit at full bore the car will gain serious altitude but not go so far out that it's landing back on flat ground. If I can get fuel over here, I'll be certain to post either some cool vid of it working, or even cooler vids of it failing...lol:whhooo:

Wow... that looks like a bad ass track you guys have there....looks like alota fun

Looks Great! It Almost makes me want to join back up just so I can bash with you guys. Good luck, stay safe and Semper Fi.

very cool....can't wait to see the vids of the night racing with your flashlights strapped to the rcs

That looks like a fun bashing track. Looks like you've got all the space and dirt. Why not more jumps?

That looks like a fun bashing track. Looks like you've got all the space and dirt. Why not more jumps?

that my point and if it break.. hey.. HobbyBash.com.. coming soon to a browser you use.!!

well, there may be more to come, so far this little project has taken me nearly a month to get the actual 14 or so hours of free time that i actually have invested in it. it's still a work in prgress and who knows, if i keep seeing crap laying around who knows what will wind up with dirt over it. I once saw a cool little track on youtube with the top of a bus in it...I wonder what they are doing with that wore out shell of a MIG on the other side of post?:D

you should record a tank hitting them jumps ... lol.

you should record a tank hitting them jumps ... lol.

man, with all the work i put into this and the still tender blisters on my hand...watching what a tank would do to my hard work would probably make me cry like a little girl..........unless i was the one driving

that would be pretty cool hahaha
and thats a sik track looks like fun

That looks like a sick track!!
post some videos once you got some bashing going on!!

That looks like a sick track!!
post some videos once you got some bashing going on!!

Appreciate all the feed back, a little surprised though, it's all positive. :p: I hope to have videos up real soon but we are all still working the issue of how to get fuel over here. Once that happens, there should be about 15 or so nitro burners available to run this. How many available to get away from work at one time is a different story.

Please note for all you that were interested in sending fuel to help us out. I now have an address on the Operation Iraqi Nitro Fuel thread started by Amoeba.

Attachments

• Shooter Raceway resized.bmp
    451.5 KB · Views: 132
Appreciate all the feed back, a little surprised though, it's all positive. :p: I hope to have videos up real soon but we are all still working the issue of how to get fuel over here. Once that happens, there should be about 15 or so nitro burners available to run this. How many available to get away from work at one time is a different story.

Please note for all you that were interested in sending fuel to help us out. I now have an address on the Operation Iraqi Nitro Fuel thread started by Amoeba.

cptv, should I go ahead and send the fuel to the rear d address instead? Sounds like it's a sure thing vs direct shipping on my/our parts.

well, rear D option is certainly a go ahead to send to them but I don't know how long it will take them to get the container here. 1, it will come by boat, 2. they are still waiting for a hazmat guy to sign it off. So it may be 2 maybe 3 months till that shipment gets here. Granted, we'll still have plenty of time here to use it, or we can leave it for the next group of guys to come. If able and willing, i'd like to know if you could drop a case in the mail once this test quart arrives so we can get the guys rolling earlier than waiting for the milvan to cross the ocean. If not, I got it comming a gal at a time from the wife and so long those here using it, chip in to replace it, i'll hopefully keep it coming till the other gets here. Let me know what your are going to do so I know what to keep my eye out for.

cptv, should I go ahead and send the fuel to the rear d address instead? Sounds like it's a sure thing vs direct shipping on my/our parts.

Well, if you are able to get it through your local post office, direct is still the most assured and quickest. Mine only took about a 10 days to get here. For those unable/unwilling to be less than fully divulging on the declarations form, rear D will ship via hazmat container.

Ok, had some packing issues on the rediculously placed monster truck tires in the middle of my track. Believe it or not, a lot of water and dirt stirred inside the tires, now the mud mixing bowl, makes up a wicked batch of slurry that when dry is about a tough as very poorly mixed concrete. Suffered a little shrinkage during drying but very stable and fillable. I'll try to get some updated pics on the web soon. As it stands now, I'd be willing to bet one could hit this at anywhere from about 35 to 60 mph and barely clear the other side of the tires. You'll probably have time for a full rotation or two in each direction as you high 5'd the moon, but not getting very far horizontally.

Can't find my own threads.

odd, i couldn't find this thread before...now i just stumble accross it, and can't find my other thread i started. Anyway, here's what the track has become now....and my hands still hurt from shoveling.
IMG_0254-1.jpg

yes, that is a from my helicopter and that is a 50 cal...not everything in Iraq SUCKS.....ok it does...but cool toys makes it suck less.

great looking track!!!!!!!! especially for the time u have invested and your location. i also want to say thank you to all of you serving over there it is greatly appreciated what all of the men and women are doing there!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! stay safe and enjoy the fruits of your labor!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! and my wife adds GOD BLESS ALL OF YOU IN IRAQ.