internal resistance, imax b6 v2

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

datboi

RC Newbie
Reaction score
i just got myself a imax b6 v2.

the charger can measure the internal resistance of the cells. however the reading is very different than manually measuring it.

i took a few measurements with the b6 v2 (they're always a bit different with the same battery)

then, i measured the internal resistance manually using a 1ohm resistor and ohm's law and kirchhoff law.

what's your experience guys? can the b6 v2 mesure internal resistance of cells accuratly?

every meter charger will give you a different reading. I have 2 meters they both will vary slightly from meter to meter even charger to meter the readings will remain the same until I get a few runs they dont jump around like yours(is it the quality id say yes) cheap never does a quality job its cheap deal with it you went in that direction..I spent $250 years ago for a ir meter and another $150 for the ir meter and capacity meter by a builder off another site and my Schulze 1650 custom built that's 16 cells @50 amp. is way over those 2 combined $400

every meter charger will give you a different reading. I have 2 meters they both will vary slightly from meter to meter even charger to meter the readings will remain the same until I get a few runs they dont jump around like yours(is it the quality id say yes) cheap never does a quality job its cheap deal with it you went in that direction..I spent $250 years ago for a ir meter and another $150 for the ir meter and capacity meter by a builder off another site and my Schulze 1650 custom built that's 16 cells @50 amp. is way over those 2 combined $400
why would you spend 150 on a IR meter?

you can mesure IR with a 2 dollar resistor and a 5 dollar multimeter, unless you're doing it for practicality like i am

i just got the v2 because i wanted a quicker way to mesure IR rather than doing it manually...

if you manually mesure IR, how much do results differ from your IR meters?

Back