Internal Built BEC Speed Controllers

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HPI-Killer

Axial Axle Twisting Guru
Supporter
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
I'm about ready to recieve my RC4WD scale rig and am in the market for a real nice internal bec esc with real good slight trigger response, meaning if I pull the trigger in an 1/16" or 1/8" I wanna feel that truck move or hear the response from the esc. Anyone reccomend a really good esc or have one up for sale?

Thanks guys

I think all castles are 5.3 stock. Rooster is 6v I think but it only has cut off of 2s lipo. Holmes BR-xl is supposed to be 6v I think and its a nice esc, up to 6s too...

Ya I pulled my old rooster out to get it ready just to find out its 2s only...... what do the volts have to do with the setup? Total newb Q but I dont know lol

You mean on the bec or on the lipo cutoff?

You mean on the bec or on the lipo cutoff?

Hmm I reckon both because I have no idea, that and all the 1-2-3s lipos and what the hell 10-20-30c on lipos is either, I took a step back down the rc ladder on this one:(

The rooster is only 2s capable because it only has voltage cutoff for 2s. Meaning if you ran a 3s, it wouldnt cutoff until the 3s was too far below voltage and it would be shot.
Depending on what servo you are running, a low powered internal bec wont give it enough power under strain so it will glitch bad and make everything mess up too. Like a servo that says its 333oz at 6v, needs 6v to produce 333 oz, thats where the bec is needed.

Only reason I ask is I think my BEC is glitchin my rig, dont think its the tx/rx because my buddy runs the same tx/rx and his is beautiful & he doesn't run a bec, & I dont know how to smooth it all out because it makes my crawls 'unreal'

BEC is your friend. As long as you have the stock bec unhooked then the external wont be messing up 99% of the time. Its more than likely your antenna.

I run the Savox 1256TG Servo
Specifications:

Speed @ 6.0V: 0.15
Torque @ 6.0V: 277 oz-in / 20 kg-cm
Weight: 52.4g
Bearing: Dual
Type: Standard
Gear: Titanium and Aluminum
Case: Aluminum Heatsink
Output Shaft: 25T Spline (Futaba)
Case Dimension (LxWxH): 40.3x20x37.2mm

With a Tekin Fx-R Esc-No internal BEC
CC-BEC as well

As long as you have a CC bec and its powering up just fine and the stock bec wire is not hooked up, then you are good to go. The antenna on a fm/am radio can be very tricky on some rigs to get it to not glitch but on others be fine. I'm willing to bet 90% that its your antenna.

I run 486 oz at 7.4v on my bec with no problems, but I'm also running a 2.4 radio.

Time to go spektrum or futaba I spose, just need one that has a memory so I can run numerous rigs off of 1 tx. I LOVE TAX SEASON!!

A dx3r or older dx3 are both good. The dx3 can be found used on ebay for under $100 usually. The dx3e is good too for $100 but is only one model memory. The futaba 4pl and pk are about the nicest out in my opinion, the 4pk is 4-$500 but the pl is just over $200 some places.

$400-500$?!?! zomg that is freakin nuts!! Spektrum it is for now haha

Back