integy shocks

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

usv568

RCTalk Champion
Military Veteran
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Racing
On my slash 2wd I have a set of integy shocks. There are basic shock. I just changed the oil to 50wt. On one the piston came loose. How do I get it secured to the shaft. Also what are your thoughts on the shocks. I'm new to the r/c world so any input would be helpful.

Ditch them and buy a set of traxxas big bore.....Problem solved

I can't really spend the money on the big bores yet. So how can I get the one fixed?

Last edited:
the piston came off the shaft? You should be able to put it back on and re install the "C" clip and would be good to go, no personal experience with them so i may be way off on that.

Integy is popular enough (unfortumately) to where you should be able to get some rebuild kits for them. Chances are the edges of the plastic "c" clip are worn and it wont catch to lock everything in place.

The stock shocks would be better than the integys. I wouldn't spend a penny on them. I've seen new stock shocks go for as low as $15 shipped on ebay.

Here are some stock shocks and here are some Big Bores, both are from an Ebay seller that I've used. He has fast shipping and great prices, I saved over $80 compared to my LHS when I had to rebuild my LST.

Thank you for the response. I did find the clip, it was at the bottom of the shock tube.put it on and working great. Guess ill see if it holds up.next weekends bashing. Waiting on my 2 cell lipos to get here. Had a three cell, but was way to much. Of course it has the fuze 6800kv and esc in it. Way to fast for this noob.

Last edited:
Ok I have a question. What is wrong with these shocks? Why does everyone dislike these? What are there down falls? What is good about them?

Integy is known for making cheap parts that break easily, as well as not having any customer service, their "warranty" ends as soon as the part is installed. I have heard mixed opinions on their shocks, it's really hit or miss on getting a set that leaks. The only parts that I've heard good things about are their springs, TiNi coated hex drivers and the aluminum trans case for the Rustler/Bandit/Stampede/Slash (even though I wouldn't trust the trans case).

Ok.thanks. what's a good shock for bashing, or so they call it. You said something about lhs and lst. Please explain.

LHS = Local Hobby Shop
LST = Losi LST XXL. it's their monster truck
As far as a good shock for bashing, I'd grab a set of the big bores from ebay, or if money's tight, grab a set of the stock ones and just have them as a spare set for now and get the big bores when able. If the ones you have are working, I'd run those until they broke. Like I said, the Integy shocks are hit or miss, you may get a set that are fine and then a second set that will leak like crazy.

Thanks! I think I'm.going to run the integy's till I can get some big bores or the prolines. Who knows what the integy's will do.

Back