Integy Roll cage/bar T4048

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TraxxMaxx602

RCTalk Rookie
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
I know everyone hates integy, but will this fit a 4908 truck ? I am not looking do 20' jumps and land on the roof. i just need something that will protect the motor if i roll it. Also if it fits, there is an "X" on top of the bar, will that get in the way of the ignitor ? Does anyone have one of these so maybe i can see a picture. I wanted one off of ebay... http://cgi.ebay.com/Integy-T4048-St...Control_Parts_Accessories&hash=item4cf517f13a ... it's only 20 bucks, which is what i have to spend. What do u all think ? thanks.

I'd stay away. Integy uses soft, brittle metal. I believe you'd be throwing $20 in the garbage. You'd be better off picking up some materials from a hardware store and making your own engine guard.

In general Matt is dead on, most of Integy's stuff is straight up crap. But I have one of their full cages on my all aluminum Pede, and I've beat the hell out of it, and it keeps coming back for more. Their cages are actual steel, unlike whatever they make their aluminum parts from .

The ad says it's steel, so I'd be willing to go for it.
It's their super shiny aluminum that has the strength of fine crystal. :D

I actually like their roll cage for the Savage xl! It fits great and has held up great! :D

Hey thanks everybody.. but the "X" on top of the bar... I am guessing that would get in the way of an igniter.. does anyone have an experience with this roll bar ? Also sort of off topic.. I broke two FRT upper arms today.. and I was gonna get rpms on monday. I'm worried if i do tho that, the next to break would be the bulks, requiring more work and time to take apart.. Would it be better to just stay with the stock arms ?

I see your problem. Obviously Integy designed that roll bar for use with the EZ-Start. It doesn't look like it's going to work with a separate ignitor.

%21CFcvKz%21Bmk%7E$%28KGrHqMOKoYE0gPGc96tBNVF+1y3hQ%7E%7E0_12.jpg

well.. i never bought the roll bar.. i did fabricate one tho.. i used it yesterday along with some new rpm arms for the front and it held up well. .i built a ramp out of some boxes and got some good jumps out of it. rolled it a few times and the bar held.

IMG_1556.jpg

IMG_1557.jpg

IMG_1558.jpg

IMG_1559.jpg

i'd like to put some rcnitrotalk.com stickers on the side too ;)

Last edited:
I'd be afraid of that bar going to the front getting smashed into the throttle linkage and causing some unwanted excitement. Your tires are on backwards too. That'll cause them to tear apart easier. And not hookup as well.:)

I'd be afraid of that bar going to the front getting smashed into the throttle linkage and causing some unwanted excitement. Your tires are on backwards too. That'll cause them to tear apart easier. And not hookup as well.:)

i think the front of the bar will have enough clearance .. but thank you for telling me about the tires.. i didnt even notice that.. but ur absolutely right. lol i took them off to adjust the toe and camber and didnt pay attention to how i put them on. let me go ahead and break my wrench out right now.. :\ ..btw thanks for makin me feel like a jackass cuz i put my tires on wrong.. jerk! lol

Last edited:
Back