Integy CVD problem

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

romper4444

RCTalk Rookie
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
hey guys, new to the site, not to nitro, i don't know how i ever missed such a great site for so long, anyway I just dropped a 3.3 in my 2.5 T-Maxx and am snapping stock sliders like no 2morrow, so i was at the LHS and they had a set of Integy CVD's for like 10bucks, so i though what the hell, I usually stay away from Integy stuff, well I should've listen to my better judgemeny 'cause when I went to install them everything seemed to work okay, and the quality didn't seem to be that bad, until I realized that once the u-joint and axle end is through the carrier, the shaft with the dogbone on the inside end wasn't long enough to even reach the inner cup joint, what the hell is up with that, is Integy actually that pathetic that they would make a part that doesn't even fit, could they not realize this in the development stage?? Anyone run into this problem, or have any suggestions 'cause I'm feeling ripped off.

The only thing that comes to mind is that they may be for the first generation of Maxx trucks which had shorter a-arms, but honestly is you don't want to break shafts any more pick your self up a couple of sets of MIP cvd's, it's what I run on my brushless E Maxx with lockers front and rear and they are under some serious load and I haven't had any problems with them...

i had the same problem with the same brand parts. come to find out i had my pivot balls on the upper and lower a arms threaded out to far which made for a wider than normal stance than the axels were made for. i solved the problem by turning in the pivot balls all the way in to the axel carriers then installed the integy cv shafts. after that i made my very slight adjustments for my camber and every thing was fine, they fit perfect. try this and i bet you'll get the same results. also your ride height will affect your stance also. lower your ride height to the factory specs. push your tmax to the ground and it should rebound to where the control arms are just above being level with a flat suface.

also make sure the drive shafts are for the 2.5 maxx not the 3.3 maxx. the 2.5's and 3.3's have different steering knuckles so shafts for a 3.3 wouldnt fit in a 2.5.

is Integy actually that pathetic that they would make a part that doesn't even fit, could they not realize this in the development stage??

Integy does not develop anything. They rip off other peoples designs.

It's unfortunate that one of the largest online retailers in our hobby supports and carries their inferior products to sell to the masses.

Have you ever seen their warranty....here it is. Read it closely.

Integy Inc. warrants the *PRODUCT against defects in material and workmanship under normal use and service for 30 days from the original date of purchase except if the product is intended to be installed on a vehicle. If the product is to be installed on a vehicle, Integy Inc. warrants the product against defects in material and workmanship for 30 days before the part is installed. This warranty does not cover crash damages, rollover incidents and incorrect installations. The buyer is responsible to inspect the product before any installation process is started. Once the part is installed or partially installed, either correctly or incorrectly, no limited warranty is provided by Integy Inc..

that warranty is soooooooo f'ing pathetic, and it is such a damn SHAME that such a big supplier in our industry is not at all interested in giving us a, at least decent product, it pisses me off to no end. I think you are correct Tom K, I hope that's all it is, but I'm afraid that the amount of which they were too short was like a half inch maybe more, I don't think you could even get that much off on you pivot balls, but it does make really perfect sense, so I'll give it a try and see. i've bought all new 2.5 sliders all around so everything is tight and loosened the slipper quite a bit, i don't get wheelie's now, but the shafts have been holding. eventully I think I'll go with vantage racing cvd's, as MIP waslike 60bucks for just rear bones, waaaayyy toooo much!! oH! and the package did say '2.5 Maxx universal joints", so unless it was packaging error, they are for that truck, my fingers are crossed, they do look like a nice product, but thats all to common with integy, they look cool, but bend like wet noodles, anyone ever ran the MSR series of shocks, what a sad inferior product, all show and no go, Integy seems to only be good for show trucks.

Last edited:
tom k here again romper4444. in reply to your quote to me the other day about the spacing being to great that you didnt think the adjustments that i suggested would work. i still think you and i had the same problem, mine were also short about 1/2 inch and i got mine to fit perfect. like i said i had to turn the pivot balls all the way into the axal carriers and then they fit and has been running great ever since. no more broken axals. I've also now replaced the driveshafts with steel also, since after replacing the axals i started breaking drive shafts which you might find happening also.

Back