Integy 3 shoe setup

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bkyd Basher

RCTalk Addict
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Racing
I know integys rep for not being so great of a product but anyone have any experiance with there 3 shoe setup?

Never used one but that seems to be the 1 thing they did build right. Has great reviews ect. I gotta say my aluminum integy bulks have performed just fine..... not sure if a bunch of 12 year olds ruined there reputation...... they seem fine to me.

aluminium isnt the best material to be making rc cars out of. plastics are the way to go as when they bent they come back, unless the force is too great of course. but metals bend and stay that way. you bend it back and it becomes weak.

so when it comes to components made of metals i think there going to be less superior to components made of plastics. unless there things like diff gears and metal parts that wear and not take force and are ment to flex. brakes and clutch pads are also in a different category.

---------- Post added at 9:22 PM ---------- Previous post was at 9:20 PM ----------

in saying that. I'm not saying integy clutches are bad, or could be bad. I'm buying a M2C clutch for my BB and not sure how the alloy is gonna go. will soon see i guess.

i hear they grab really well. but its like putting alloy on ur car brakes. it might grab but will it last? the carbon composite shoes i have atm i think are the way to go. but yeh. I'm not experienced enough to say what works and what doesn't, i only bash and muck around. if it works for me its good.

I used and abused the integy 3 shoe clutch and it held up fine, but when I installed the BUKU adjustable clutch kit I saw the difference right away. Integy ruined their own reputation by making sure all the parts they make are shinier than their competition all that effort for the best part and they forgot to put some strength in parts they make. If you want a shelf queen integy is great... As for the clutch I had no problems but like I said when you move up to a better product you will see the difference..

yeh i have the buku. will be interesting to see how the m2c goes.

imma noob on these forums, but I'm not so much a noob on the traxxas forums. I've heard alot of good about the Buku and the m2c. but buku i heard is better with their composite clutch shoes

I've been running the Integy clutches in my Savage for while now. No issues for me,can't justify the cost for anything else just for bashing.

imma noob on these forums, but I'm not so much a noob on the traxxas forums. I've heard alot of good about the Buku and the m2c. but buku i heard is better with their composite clutch shoes

I have over a gallon on my buku clutch, when I took it apart last week for some gear changes I looked at the clutch, it stills looks new and no marking on the clutch bell at all. Imo buku is the best and dave the owner is supper cool if you have ANY issue at all he will take care of it....

The integy 3 shoe is an improvement over stock, especially if you're running any mill bigger than stock. In my personal experience, the Integy held up well on my maxx with the 3.3 then with a Picco .26 red dot. Since the Picco swap I also upgraded to the M2C and noticed a difference over the Integy. The M2C does have less slippage over the Integy without making any changes to the slipper clutch.