Install my Fast Eddy bearings

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I can't imagine that plate not helping out with durability. I would use the upper screws though and nip the ends so they don't stick out back. Also probably be a good idea to put some threadlock on where it cuts into the brace to help keep it from walking out on you.

You going to make one for the rear too? If you didn't, might be a good idea to take it off and trace it out before you get it all buttoned up.

I was wrong ,those pins do go into the ear of the arm ,an they only reach half way ,I can swap them out ,not a big deal!

Are you talking bout the rear diff? If so ,yea ,I can make a plate for that ,but the stress factor will be reversed!...LOL

The rear would have to be made differently ,but ,I think it can be done!

Oh, I figured the rear was the same as the front for the most part. I just know on my t-maxx that I broke the front and rear arms almost as frequently as each other. Probably more so on the rear actually, from landing on the rear with the nose in the air. Since the wheels can't turn like the front ones to absorb some of the impact, it just ripped the hinge pins through the bulks.

Oh, I figured the rear was the same as the front for the most part. I just know on my t-maxx that I broke the front and rear arms almost as frequently as each other. Probably more so on the rear actually, from landing on the rear with the nose in the air. Since the wheels can't turn like the front ones to absorb some of the impact, it just ripped the hinge pins through the bulks.

On the diffs ,there is 3 pin ears ,in forward motion ,it is the first forward ear that is the first one to blow out ,then
the middle one an the third one follows suit!
By protecting that first ear with the plate ,the rest shouldn't blow out ,sense the diff in the rear is turned around ,
the plate would have to be made different were it goes around the output center cup!

I have only broke a rear diff one time about 10 years ago on a cartwheel down a huge hill!
The Mgt.'s diffs are pretty strong ,but still ,if it is hit just right ,they will break!

Well, I would expect you would put the plate on the rear, so if you come down on the rear of the truck, it won't rip the pins out like it does on the front.

Most (if not all) 1/8th buggies/truggies have an alloy pin retainer on at least the most forward of the front of the bulkhead and the most rearward of the rear of the bulkhead. Just thought it would make sense to do the same on the MGT. A lot of times, the inside end of the pins aren't retained with an alloy brace, just the outside end.

Back