Infraction 4x4 MEGA

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've never quite understood what "street bashing" is...
The parking lot that I "street bash" in has drainage culverts that you can catch air out of, and you can fly off the driveway curbs, sure your not catching 10 feet of air but it's not just doing laps either. ;)

I don't make enough money to have a drift car where I live. The parking lot is concrete, and not the smooth kind. It's like 60 grit sandpaper and is a tire shredder. The cars that do grip do wheelies like crazy though, at just about any speed. The Granite will pull 40' long wheelies with ease.

The drift cars are another style I'm not really interested in. Pretty cool watching the rc drift car races on youtube though.

I don't make enough money to have a drift car where I live. The parking lot is concrete, and not the smooth kind. It's like 60 grit sandpaper and is a tire shredder. The cars that do grip do wheelies like crazy though, at just about any speed. The Granite will pull 40' long wheelies with ease.
I build my own using cheap HSP/Redcat/ExceedRC chassis, and then just run them in open parking lots.

I build my own using cheap HSP/Redcat/ExceedRC chassis, and then just run them in open parking lots.
I have a few cars I could turn into drifters, but being disabled I am confined to my apartment complex. Wintertime is fun though after they plow the parking lot. The Granite and Kraton are going to be fun out there.

The parking lot that I "street bash" in has drainage culverts that you can catch air out of, and you can fly off the driveway curbs, sure your not catching 10 feet of air but it's not just doing laps either. ;)

Ah gotcha. I wasn't trying to dismiss it or anything, I just never really knew what it was or what people did.

BTW, I dont know if anyone caught this or not but this mini infraction isnt really an on road car. Its got off road wheels and seems to be set up more like a Rally car than an on-road car. Even the HH pics show it bashing off road.
ARA4215V3T1_A32_JMHS8ZOR.jpg

ARA4215V3T1_A0_JMHS8ZOR.jpg

ARA4215V3T1_A1_JMHS8ZOR.jpg

Attachments

• ARA4215V3T1_A32_JMHS8ZOR.jpg
    90.3 KB · Views: 27
  • ARA4215V3T1_A0_JMHS8ZOR.jpg
    ARA4215V3T1_A0_JMHS8ZOR.jpg
    2.2 KB · Views: 29
It needs a lift kit. In our field we play in, which is relatively flat, that thing would be belly dragging everywhere.

Its got about the same ground clearance as any other typical Rally car.

74054-4-Rally-Sideview-left.jpg
30880.jpg
kb_wr8_04.jpg

Its only 1.1 inch longer than The Traxxas Ford Fiesta Rally car. I'm not gonna bother looking up the other cars I posted but I'm going to assume theyre all roughly close to each other.

To each their own, but to me it doesn't make sense as a rally car. All rally cars are short wheelbase. And even then, I have rarely seen terrain other than parking lots where a vehicle that low to the ground would run. It would probably be a decent track car, but even then I doubt there are going to be many classes that would run those. Maybe if I lived by a beach it would work. But nowhere I run would be kind to it. Too many twigs, clumps of dirt, small stones, etc.

Honestly I never understood the appeal of RC Rally cars anyway. Its pretty limited places where you can run them and you're right theres prolly not to many places that have a racing class for them.

Honestly I never understood the appeal of RC Rally cars anyway. Its pretty limited places where you can run them and you're right theres prolly not to many places that have a racing class for them.
Dirt tracks are perfect for them. My LHS has the perfect dirt track for one, it’s always empty too!

Yeah, same thoughts exactly. Which is why you don't see many rally cars out there. It's just a type of car that doesn't translate down to RC car scale very well. Even RC tracks aren't their natural habitat.

And I know 1.1" difference doesn't seem like much, but when you have that low clearance on uneven terrain, it would make a noticeable difference. It has to do with the angle of the chassis, as the front end goes over a rise in the surface. The back tires would reach that same rise sooner on a shorter wheelbase as the front starts to return to a level plane. The longer wheelbase is going to cause the chassis to hit sooner, and more severly.

I guess it's all about scale to me. If you watch the official Arrma vid on the truck, you see it bouncing around off rocks that if you scaled them up would be grapefruit size boulders. Nobody would drive that 1:1 sitting like that on those tires over terrain like that. But down a gravel road, hell yeah. The problem is finding terrain that mimics 1/10 gravel roads. To me, that is why RC rally cars aren't really a big deal.

Yeah, same thoughts exactly. Which is why you don't see many rally cars out there. It's just a type of car that doesn't translate down to RC car scale very well. Even RC tracks aren't their natural habitat.

And I know 1.1" difference doesn't seem like much, but when you have that low clearance on uneven terrain, it would make a noticeable difference. It has to do with the angle of the chassis, as the front end goes over a rise in the surface. The back tires would reach that same rise sooner on a shorter wheelbase as the front starts to return to a level plane. The longer wheelbase is going to cause the chassis to hit sooner, and more severly.

I guess it's all about scale to me. If you watch the official Arrma vid on the truck, you see it bouncing around off rocks that if you scaled them up would be grapefruit size boulders. Nobody would drive that 1:1 sitting like that on those tires over terrain like that. But down a gravel road, hell yeah. The problem is finding terrain that mimics 1/10 gravel roads. To me, that is why RC rally cars aren't really a big deal.
I understand what you're saying about the wheelbase and I agree that none of the RC rally cars have good enough ground clearance. We differ on how much difference and inch makes and thats ok. Agree to disagree. I agree they dont translate very well to RCs too.