Incoming snow season!!!

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Snowdemon86

RC Newbie
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
Are you ready for the snow??? I think I am!
Check out these chains! Think they will work?
Made em myself.
Chain Madness.jpg
Chain Madness2.jpg
Engine.jpg

sick revo man! chains look nice and tight should work well.great choice on the exhaust!!I'm a proud owner of 3 revo 3.3's all big blocks and tons of fun.who makes that roll cage?

Last edited:
I'd get rid of that k@n filter. They don't work. That thing is BAD lookin'! Chains should be cool on icy pavement. Plenty of traction to get speed up to hit snow drifts.

Very cool. I might have to make some myself for my revo. I just finished water proofing it for the winter season.

Looks good- nice truck! Chains aren't needed IMO,I've had no problems running in snow and on sheet ice. Plus I like sliding around :)

I'd rather stud some old chevrons myself. Get some proper wood screws and the rubber cement out.

OMG I love that idea! That looks super sick man! GREAT work! :)

Thanks guys for the feed back. I am super excited to try em out.

As far as the roll cage goes, it weighs 14 ounces and I purchased it on ebay.
You can search: Revo 3.3 Roll Cage

they have different finishes as well....

blue
shiny purple
stainless steel

Thanks again:D

I went back to look at them because I linked to a friend, and I just noticed the X formation in the front wheel chains for turning. Man, I cannot say enough how cool I think those are. Bitchin' idea. :)

Nice job brings back memories ,I made a set of those years ago for my Blackfoot. They worked ok but back then it needed more power to work well. But with nitro could be interesting. But i would worry about tire balooning.

Nice job brings back memories ,I made a set of those years ago for my Blackfoot. They worked ok but back then it needed more power to work well. But with nitro could be interesting. But i would worry about tire balooning.

How would the tires balloon if they're chained down? Unless your worried about the tires breaking the chains?

I went back to look at them because I linked to a friend, and I just noticed the X formation in the front wheel chains for turning. Man, I cannot say enough how cool I think those are. Bitchin' idea. :)

Thanks a bunch man, i will let you know how they work!;)

The chains seem to flex fairly evenly with the tire. The only thing I am worried about is the chain strength. I am not sure if the chain can withstand the centrifugal force. Just hope and see:\

When i did mine it was hard to keep them real tight. If you tightened them too much the tires would be out of round and a little loose they could come up and hit the body at certain times. But that was years ago on an electric truck.

Back