Imo, the two best RC Monster Truck channels on YT

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BA0701

RCTalk Talkaholic
Supporter
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Crawling
  3. Scale Builder
This one is a guy named Big 'Merica, and the control and sound effects he uses in his videos is truly top shelf stuff. I still have no idea how he is able to get his trucks to reverse course like this, in mid-air. When I first saw his vids, I legitimately thought it was an actual monster truck, on some sort of Monster Jam R&D lot or something.

The second is a channel called LVC RC, and he has some very similar MT content, but from my understanding he is the OG for this type of content. Both these guys have insane levels of control, and their modeling skills are next level as well. On top of it all, they are just really nice dude's.

I like Big_Merica. Not only do his trucks look like real 1:1, but his vids look like 1:1 footage as well.

I agree Big_Merica is my fav.
I just can't imagine the hours he has in these to get the perfect shot and editing.

I just can't imagine the hours he has in these to get the perfect shot and editing.
When I first saw his vids, for the longest time I thought it was real trucks. It wasn't til I actually looked at his channel and some of his vids that I caught on.

Yeah, he has amazing rigs and look so real.

I like Big_Merica. Not only do his trucks look like real 1:1, but his vids look like 1:1 footage as well.
For sure, that is why I thought they were actual Monster Jam R&D rigs, they look so incredibly real. His vids are the total package, cinematography, camera angles, rigs built with insane modeling skills, his suspension tuning, everything is just incredible. Same can be said about LVC's stuff, too. I am not sure about Big 'Merica, but I know that LVC actively participates in RC comps, he's active in the community, and would imagine that Big 'Merica does as well. If he doesn't he needs to. With the level of control those two guys have, it is really crazy!

Far more patience than I have, that is for certain. How many hours, how many takes to get the perfect shot?

They've both done breakdown vids, explaining what is in their trucks. LVC has done some really good review and comparison vids as well, namely on the FMS Smasher compared to the LMT Mini.

I hadn't paid that much attention before, but I just now noticed he is using, at least one set, LX Shocks. That may explain the realistic nature of his suspension. If that is his secret on getting such realistic 1:1 movement, then I will be throwing a set onto an LMT, one of these days. I have two projects ahead of that right now, the Capra then I plan on getting a Texoma crawler, but an LMT will be next, after that.

Last edited:
A short video by LVC RC, showing us how those barrel roles are accomplished.

Back