Immediate Advice Needed!

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

vxspec

RC Newbie
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
I am a complete novice with RC cars. I previously made a jump from a tyco RC to nitro. I need help purchasing an rc car so i stumbled upon a sale from ebay

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=19168&item=5970774284&rd=1

It claims to go 60 mph on a .15 japan engine. The seller has a good rating score, so it doesn't seem too fishy, but the price however, does.

I don't trust myself spending this much cash without knowing if there are any scams involved, so i come to you RC Pros. Please respond and keep flaming to a minimum. I know you people hate newbies. :argue:

I don't hate noob's.
Also, that car.......
Don't do it.
Take it from a pro.

Wrong.......we WELCOME newbies. After all, every one of us was once a newbie.

I'd avoid this one. He has an excellent rating, but there's no photo, no really useful information on the engine or trans, and this is what's there:
....................................................................................................
Item Specifics - Radio Control
Vehicle Type: Car Power Source: Gas
Product: Vehicle - Assembled, RTR Condition: New In Box
Brand: ACME
....................................................................................................

What's ACME? Not an official R/C brand that I've ever heard of.
Doing 60 takes a lot of modification, and also makes any car almost uncontrollable.

unless i'm doing the driving.

Acme is a famous brand. The coyote always uses Acme products when trying to catch the roadrunner.

Its a knockoff of a real RC.
You, over time, will spend more time trying to get it running and on broken parts then its worth.

What is your budget?

Don't do it!
And I do now what I am talken about..

robmob said:
Acme is a famous brand. The coyote always uses Acme products when trying to catch the roadrunner.
LMAO. I knew it was a familiar brand name.
And, sorry, I found the pics and info. Unknown engine brand. Not even the brand Wylie Coyote uses.
Just don't do it.

Wow theres so much love in this forums. i wasn't expecting so much responses in such a miniscule amount of time. I think i love you guys. So yeah...

My budget would be 250-300 Dollars. I've saved up and I'm currently looking at www.hobbypeople.net for some RTR Nitro cars.

For low $300's you can get a ready to run car. (RTR)
Take your time, save some $$, and get something worthy.
this way you don't waste your hard earned $$ on poop.
You will also have to get parts when you break, so go for a popular brand.

Your looking for an onroad???
There is a few for sale in the for sale fourm..From some pretty up standing members..used but in great shape Take a look...if you have any Q's Just ask

Good point Zandor!
By the way, Hello Zandor.
How did you like the pic of the new ACME Racer?

RatzoRC said:
Good point Zandor!
By the way, Hello Zandor.
How did you like the pic of the new ACME Racer?

YO buddy Hows yos doin...
That pic and the hole add SUCKED my A$$

Welcome and I'm glad you asked first before buying one of these knock offs, You can get a much better car than that and it will be something you can add upgrades :) More POWER lol. Hpi makes a very sweet on road car the Rs4 you might want to check on of them , you can get a good deal on ebay. I bougth one there for 80 bucks! If you have any questions about other cars post them here. These guys really know there stuff and will be able to help you out. :cheers:

Hah thank you zandor for your polite greeting :)
I assume you're the forum clown, somewhat like classclown. Me and you will get along juuust fine!

ok guys i just realized that acme car is a joke. I also looked at some promising cars that i think you guys told me about like the rs4.

Its within my budget too!

http://hobbypeople.net/gallery/261661.asp
http://hobbypeople.net/gallery/383315.asp

By the way guys, keep posting here. It makes me feel very special :D

Do you know anyone else who runs nitro cars? If you want onroad, you can only run on pavement. Off road monster trucks go anywhere. Your lawn, the woods, and through the dirt. No limits.
Get as much info as you can before you spend your money. Lots of advise here, and by the way, welcome to RCNT.

vxspec said:
Hah thank you zandor for your polite greeting :)
I assume you're the forum clown, somewhat like classclown. Me and you will get along juuust fine!

:D

More like a pit bull then a clown! Stick around I don't joke around.....Hey that rhymed.

Rolex is the class clown :cheers:

Back