I'm looking to put a larger motor in my wpl military crawler truck. Does anyone know what the largest motor that will work in it would be?

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Daniel C

RCTalk Champion
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Racing
  3. Crawling
  4. Scale Builder
What is the largestotor that will fit into a wpl military crawler truck? Does anyone know. I won't my mini truck to do big things and won't the biggest it can handle.

Attachments

• USER_SCOPED_TEMP_DATA_orca-image-1535443471.jpeg
    USER_SCOPED_TEMP_DATA_orca-image-1535443471.jpeg
    61 KB · Views: 197
Do you have a picture of the current motor and the size of it? You can't go too big with those rubber tracks on there. they will tear a part. That wasn't designed for speed. You can give it more torque though.

its a 180 size motor that has a 6volts battery of 700mah nimh pack..

Do you have a picture of the current motor and the size of it? You can't go too big with those rubber tracks on there. they will tear a part. That wasn't designed for speed. You can give it more torque though.
I have tires to go with the truck and hardly use the tracks. Here's the photo you asked for. Thanks for the response. I'm also looking for a item to put a larger set of tires on the truck. Can you get a converter to go from a 1/16 scale tire to a larger scale for this truck?

Attachments

• 16100025533106823399474683214670.jpg
    16100025533106823399474683214670.jpg
    120.6 KB · Views: 84
  • 16100025816287666506006949836413.jpg
    16100025816287666506006949836413.jpg
    134.4 KB · Views: 91
  • 16100026163773094405366643733863.jpg
    16100026163773094405366643733863.jpg
    143.8 KB · Views: 66
its a 180 size motor that has a 6volts battery of 700mah nimh pack..
Thank you I figured it was the smallest just dident know the numbers for it. I'm going to step up to the 370 or 380 not shure the correct numbers on this either but it's one of those.

I don't want to be the bubble breaker but if you look at that motor .you will see it has 2 flat edges on the side can. You might have to do some other mods to get hobby grade motors to work. and the motors we use in the rc hobby almost none have a flat side on the can..we use round .also without see the inside of rim No 1 can give you a wheel tire choice. what's the axel shaft size mm/sae?. what is the drive hex? or pin or another

I agree with TNT. There's not much you can do with upgrading that motor. Try checking Youtube and Google to see if anyone has modified one of those. I'm sure it's out there.

WPL sells a transmission for the 370 size for it's c14 chassis. Not sure if it'll fit, but check dimensions.

daniel . I can give you some advice.. this is a toy grade rc not a hobby grade and you might mod the motor mount but You will destroy other parts connected to it drive shafts and diff gears and more than likely axels...you can pull out your Dremel tool and start by removing that motor mount sides along with mapping out the motor screws so you can have correct mesh on pinion to fit new motor...

Thanks everybody for the advice. I have now ordered upgraded axles and much more from drive lines to tires so I think the 380 with a two speed transmission is what I'm going to end up with. I have also went with a 7.4 volt battery and that gives me alittle more power so now just waiting for parts and working on my other rock crawlers.

Thank you I figured it was the smallest just dident know the numbers for it. I'm going to step up to the 370 or 380 not shure the correct numbers on this either but it's one of those.
It come with a 7.4 volt battery not a 6 volt so I wasent shure that it is a 180. I won't to put a 380 in it but Wondering if it and a 2 speed gearbox will fit in it

What is the largestotor that will fit into a wpl military crawler truck? Does anyone know. I won't my mini truck to do big things and won't the biggest it can handle.
A 170 or 180 motor but you can get the aluminum transfer case that bolts right in and usually comes with a 380 bolted to it with reduction gears and works great with plenty of power. It works with the original drive shafts and axles

A 170 or 180 motor but you can get the aluminum transfer case that bolts right in and usually comes with a 380 bolted to it with reduction gears and works great with plenty of power. It works with the original drive shafts and axles
I was able to put a 540 80 turn with a 5 to 1 gear reducer under the hood area. I had to obviously remove the stock servo/battery/esc mount. I replaced the servo with a 10th scale 10kg servo(fits between the frame rails) a different transfercase with new drive shafts to the wpl metal differentials. I did have to buy the wpl upgraded center diff because i was having problems with the angles. I also gave it a dump box with a 20kg servo.
I was able to put a 540 80 turn with a 5 to 1 gear reducer under the hood area. I had to obviously remove the stock servo/battery/esc mount. I replaced the servo with a 10th scale 10kg servo(fits between the frame rails) a different transfercase with new drive shafts to the wpl metal differentials. I did have to buy the wpl upgraded center diff because i was having problems with the angles. I also gave it a dump box with a 20kg servo.
Also I'm running 3 cell in the rig with fly sky remote and reciver and a crawler esc
Also I'm running 3 cell in the rig with fly sky remote and reciver and a crawler esc