I'm looking for a fun Around a 100$ range electric drift on road car. that if I break it can find parts for, AKA I want a well known brand.

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chaos

RC Newbie
Reaction score
hello i am experienced in rc and is looking to try on road. racing/drifting so i can have a little more fun.
What cars would you recommend in the 150$ range.

If I could recommend saving up some more money and pulling the trigger on a Traxxas 4-Tec 2.0. Super fun to drive and the parts are plenty for replacement and upgrade. Check out my thread called JDM Drift Realness and I have pics of my ride. Hope this helps! Good luck in the search and most importantly have fun with it. Once you get going with upgrades it’s addicting.

That's really cool but I'm really firm on price and can't spend 200 dollars on something like that. these are for someone whos getting into rc again. yes you are right that would be perfect because i have a full basketball court and mile long road to race around on. but I don't think its a good idea to have 470 into rc in one month.

there really isnt something that meets your criteria in that price range, probably the cheapest option would be to look into a 3 Racing Sakura D4 (for drifting only), or 3 Racing Sakura XI Sport Ver.NU (drift and TC). these are both around 130$, but do require all electronics, battery and a body.
i recently got the XI sport, can find my build thread here:
https://www.rctalk.com/forum/threads/trying-something-new.127663/

it is a great fun car, and as far as electronics go I'm into about 70$ for BL sensored ESC and motor from hobbyking.
then 18$ on a Zeee 2s 5200 LiPo, and 10$-20$ in gears as the gear it comes with is supposed to be for fast 10.5T or less motors (alot to handle, really hard to control.), I'm running 17.5T and definitely have to watch throttle inputs.
parts are readily available, and i recommend using RaceVTA.com for spares/upgrades.

If you're going to be firm at that price anything you buy will be nothing more than a discouragement from entering the hobby. You will not be able to find anything in that price range that is not toy grade and you will not be able to find any parts for a car in that price range

Thanks for all the recommendations. but slick has seen my new post in the arrma forum. I'm 1stgranite and I'm going to turn mine into a street truck.

hello i am experienced in rc and is looking to try on road. racing/drifting so i can have a little more fun.
What cars would you recommend in the 150$ range.
In that price range, Exceed RC or Redcat possibly, or something used from Ebay. HobbyKing might be an option, but i dont know if they even have on road cars.

Back