I'm in EU and i cam across a good deal for 8ightx race kit and i need advice plz

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Karim

RCTalk Member
Reaction score
Hello all

I'm new here and new into rc and was thrown that way as i was looking for a platform to work on for my robot but i just got draged and charmed by RC so i decided to jump in
first i saw traxxas and arma then i saw modification then axial vanquisher and tlr
so i knew that i shouldnt buy RTR but a kit shall be my goal
hence i searched for kits and i found an offer for the TLR 8ight x Race kit for 360 euro.
By the way consider euro as a dollar because if i imported from the usa i will pay the diff in shipping and costums

so the deal is 350 for a kit without electronics but its just a super awesom kit and to throw servos and a motor and a controller thats another 400 so total will be 750 or smth
but for this money i would get an arma kraton or a traxas max and do some modification in it. Please advice before the offer goes away

Hello all

I'm new here and new into rc and was thrown that way as i was looking for a platform to work on for my robot but i just got draged and charmed by RC so i decided to jump in
first i saw traxxas and arma then i saw modification then axial vanquisher and tlr
so i knew that i shouldnt buy RTR but a kit shall be my goal
hence i searched for kits and i found an offer for the TLR 8ight x Race kit for 360 euro.
By the way consider euro as a dollar because if i imported from the usa i will pay the diff in shipping and costums

so the deal is 350 for a kit without electronics but its just a super awesom kit and to throw servos and a motor and a controller thats another 400 so total will be 750 or smth
but for this money i would get an arma kraton or a traxas max and do some modification in it. Please advice before the offer goes away

The TLR race kit is what it is designed for ,the track ,an it will have the best factory
race upgrades on it that you wont see even on their previous models ,hence the word
Elite ,if that is the one that you are talking about ,but you do have to make sure that
it isnt the old version before the Elite ,as you wont get some of the upgrades!
The store could be selling off the old an start stocking the new versions ,so watch
out for that!
Losi TLR is bad about that ,they put out new versions every year an will discontinue
the parts from the older versions!
Hope this helps!..:thumbs-up:

thank you for u r replay i checked it before i buy.
the one I'm buying is the.

8IGHT-X 4WD Nitro Buggy Race Kit and they say in their site its for 700 but it was discounted to 360 but​

The newer elite one

1/8 8IGHT-X 4WD Nitro Buggy ( Elite ) Race Kit. Is for 700 so i guess the prices r over hyped​

any way i checked the race kit part list and compared to the elite and the diff is in some optional parts and the color of the towers not big deal actually
may be 100 or max of 150 dollars worth of parts

so my race kit would be worth 550 but the thing is still. Is it worth it to pay 350 for the race kit and by the way i will converte it along the line to electric if i couldnt handle the nitro if my neighbor's complained from the sound

thank you for u r replay i checked it before i buy.
the one I'm buying is the.

8IGHT-X 4WD Nitro Buggy Race Kit and they say in their site its for 700 but it was discounted to 360 but​

The newer elite one

1/8 8IGHT-X 4WD Nitro Buggy ( Elite ) Race Kit. Is for 700 so i guess the prices r over hyped​

any way i checked the race kit part list and compared to the elite and the diff is in some optional parts and the color of the towers not big deal actually
may be 100 or max of 150 dollars worth of parts

so my race kit would be worth 550 but the thing is still. Is it worth it to pay 350 for the race kit and by the way i will converte it along the line to electric if i couldnt handle the nitro if my neighbor's complained from the sound
Have you considered what kind of terrain you're going to be running on? You mentioned running at home but buggies dont do so well in grass so take that in to consideration. Do you plan on racing with it at all or are you just going to be bashing? Do any companies make an electric conversion kit for the 8ight-X? Are there any price discounts on the 8ight-XE? If so you could possibly go electric right from the start.

If your not running on a track or in a dirt/gravel/pavement environment then a buggy may not be what you want. You may want to look at some other offerings from some of these other companies. If you're going to be running in the grass you'll probably want to consider a MT or something with big wheels and more ground clearance from one of the other companies you mentioned. Traxxas, Arrma, etc.

Other considerations. Do you like to tinker or are you more the type that just want to grab your RC and go run it? If you like to tinker then nitro is probably a good fit. If you just want to grab an RC and go bash it then your probably gonna be more the electric type.

Have you considered what kind of terrain you're going to be running on? You mentioned running at home but buggies dont do so well in grass so take that in to consideration. Do you plan on racing with it at all or are you just going to be bashing? Do any companies make an electric conversion kit for the 8ight-X? Are there any price discounts on the 8ight-XE? If so you could possibly go electric right from the start.

If your not running on a track or in a dirt/gravel/pavement environment then a buggy may not be what you want. You may want to look at some other offerings from some of these other companies. If you're going to be running in the grass you'll probably want to consider a MT or something with big wheels and more ground clearance from one of the other companies you mentioned. Traxxas, Arrma, etc.

Other considerations. Do you like to tinker or are you more the type that just want to grab your RC and go run it? If you like to tinker then nitro is probably a good fit. If you just want to grab an RC and go bash it then your probably gonna be more the electric type.
I'm a free spirit which means that i hate restraints so i was intrigued with the idea that i may have nitro then if i got problems with the neighbors i would go electric hence i would have tasted both worlds and i do love tinkering in fact i found my self more enthusiastic for the build idea more than the race i mean the crafts man and the quality of the parts man ….. srry I'm a crazy maker lover but I'm kinda on the verge of being broke this days
as for the racing part i dont know if i will go for it but if the model is as pro grade as I'm seeing it on youtube then yeah i would spend more on planning my electric setup
so main question that i need your help with as I'm totally un experinced which is the

8IGHT-X 4WD Nitro Buggy Race Kit A baragin for 350 or not please help me with that​

Considering that theyre $650 USD (467.51BPS) then Id say yes, thats quite a bargain.

Back