I'm a really good driver.... yeah

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DarthRacer

Hardcore RCTalk User
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Racing
Here is a quick video of me testing out the new HPI Bliz in the street while my 6 year old daughter shot video with my Blackberry.
Changes to the Blitz from box stock are:
Traxxas XL-5 ESC
Hitec 645MG servo
4 degree rear toe block
diff filled with AE black grease
inline steering knuckles
This thing can turn on a dime and accelerate away very well. I tried to roll it on purpose at full speed and could not! It's a Slash killer!

Last edited by a moderator:
Looks good, now we need to see how it turns like that in the dirt.
Any reason for the xl-5 swap?

Its like on a rail! slash owners better look out for this one!!

i'd like to see the dirt video before bashing the slash.

i'd like to see the dirt video before bashing the slash.

I wish I could of got video of me running it on a track yesterday. Very easy and forgiving to drive. Jumps awesome. Sure it wont do an instant 180 on dirt like I did on pavement, but for the first time I wasn't fighting for rear end traction like I do with my Slash and SC10. I haven't even added weight to it because it doesn't seem to need any right now.

how is it with AE grease in the diffs, did you get a chance to run it with the stock diff fluid? was thinking of going the same route. TIA

how is it with AE grease in the diffs, did you get a chance to run it with the stock diff fluid? was thinking of going the same route. TIA

Mine had no diff fluid stock. It had all leaked out.
I have since removed the AE grease in favor of 3K diff fluid since I was 'diff-ing out' on the track. Seems to be better now.

^^^ after i posted my querry i saw your post on another forum bout the diffs. thanks

You should change your rear shock position in one and that thang will be killer ! nice set up very competitive i see .

You should change your rear shock position in one and that thang will be killer ! nice set up very competitive i see .

Setup was changed from stock long ago for the track.

How does it compare to the slash?
Have you broken any parts?
Thanks

Slash killer whatever, it's all in the driver and the setup but the sound of lil kids chuckling will make you smile everytime:D

No vids on the track. :(

Haven't broken a part yet, even after multiple roll-overs, t-boned by other racers, and nose plats off the jumps. :)
I much prefer racing the Blitz over the Slash. The Slash to me is frustrating to race and I could never keep the rear in line in turns. The Blitz has helped me become a better driver, and it has many more setup options that I have been able to use to help me make the truck handle like I want/need.

Back