If you can't idle,,, Read this!!!

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

brad55102

RCTalk Addict
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Racing
I got it, if you just can't seem to idle, and no amount of leaning the LSN helps, then your piston is backwards. The opening in the piston needs to point towards the carb, not the exhaust.

This frustrated me for about a week, then i figured it out. Hope this helps someone.

That is why digital cameras are good, even mobile (cell) phones with cameras help, as taking pictures step by step while you do something you're not sure of helps a great deal when it comes to putting something back trogether like a nitro engines piston and liner. I wouldnt be without mine around a new rig (My mobile OR my camera). both are invaluable. One for making important calls to get advice, the other to take pictures. Luckily, my mobile does both !! lol one tool, two jobs.

Sounds reminiscent of something else :hehe:

i made that mistake but did not reilize the problem until to late .ran great for a while but then it started knocking then it was to late .the piston skirt creaked and chiped stoped on the up stroke and the rod went through the top of the piston and split the rod right down the middle .that sucked but if you want to play ya gota learn the hard lessons.or at least pay attention to what your are doing .lol