Idling,HSN,LSN Is it good togo?

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Alex123sb

RCTalk Member
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Racing
OK so I'm a nOOb and i did what i was "suppose" to do as far as the hsn,lsn and idle screw. It idles fine as far as I know. There is a nice stream of smoke during acceleration and in high speeds. So does this mean its Tuned in fine? of maybe its just seams that way? How am i suppose to know? And how much smoke and fuel is suppose to come out of the pipe if its idling fine? Besides the smoke how else can i tell if everything is running just fine? Is the glow plug suppose to be wet with fuel and if so how much?

Last edited:
No raw fuel should come out of the exhaust. It sounds to me that it's running pretty well. If it smokes from idle to top end, idles and makes ya happy in the power department, you should be all good. Get a temp gun when ya get a chance. I found 'em on ebay for pretty cheap. As far as the raw fuel coming out of the exhaust, your low-speed needle may be a little rich. Let's see what some others think about that, though.

No raw fuel should come out of the exhaust. It sounds to me that it's running pretty well. If it smokes from idle to top end, idles and makes ya happy in the power department, you should be all good. Get a temp gun when ya get a chance. I found 'em on ebay for pretty cheap. As far as the raw fuel coming out of the exhaust, your low-speed needle may be a little rich. Let's see what some others think about that, though.
OK so no raw fuel? so does this mean no fuel at all? and how much is it suppose to smoke when its idling? And what about the glow plug?

if you have a fairly new glow plug check it after you run, make sure you clean the area before removing the glow plug, dont wont no dirt or anything to go down in there lol. if its wet with a shiny wire your rich , if its wet but the wire is turning gray your still a little rich if the plug is dry and your wire is gray your at optimal (good tune) now if the wire starts to distort then your lean if the wire is broken your way to lean . hope this helps ;)

if you have a fairly new glow plug check it after you run, make sure you clean the area before removing the glow plug, dont wont no dirt or anything to go down in there lol. if its wet with a shiny wire your rich , if its wet but the wire is turning gray your still a little rich if the plug is dry and your wire is gray your at optimal (good tune) now if the wire starts to distort then your lean if the wire is broken your way to lean . hope this helps ;)

Where I'm i running rich and lean? HSN,LSN?

Don't mistake raw fuel for oil. If you're blowing out fuel, your performance will be poor due to running too rich.
If you're not getting a misting of oil at idle and smoke when you're running, you're too lean.

Idle and take off on the LSN. WOT on the HSN.

well first set the hsn you want to see blue smoke not alot not to little then move to the lsn the pinch test, where you pinch the fuel line , will get you close if you pinch the fuel line and it revs for more than 5 or 6 seconds then dies your a little rich , if you pinch the line and it immediately dies then your lean

As long as your engines running hard (for what it is) and the temps are good, you should be fine. A wet plug usually means its running rich..

Back