Idling eats spur gear???

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
can someone fill me in on the paper guide for setting spur/pinion lash? I pulled my gears and held them together to see how well and where the gears line up and from what i could see, they will set pretty deep and bite well so long as there is SOME lash, as in not bound tight. I line mine up fairly snug and tighten eng mounts down right side first then left to avoid futher movement and once i release pressure, gears are close but just enough room to hear a tic if you held one still and moved the other. I don't know that paper in there would be the same space or not. Just looking to expand my knowledge base any info would be helpful.

Sounds like you got it good enough.

I've tried the paper thing... and it never comes out as good as if I eyeball it or adjust for a tic of play.

Basically if you can run a piece of notebook paper between the gears and it comes out looking like an accordion your lash is right on. If the paper won't run through it is too tight and if it doesn't look like an accordion it is too loose.

Back