Ideas for a jku

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

alpinehyperlite

Original RCNT Nutswinger
Supporter
Police
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Racing
Looking to start a new scale build. I did a scale of my f-250 when I had her, but nowmlooking to do one of my new 2012 JKU. Interior amd exterior. Debating on a starting point. Wanna stick with my axial scx-10 as chassis and drive train, any good ideas for body/interior?

I know Joe (NCNitro) did a sweet CJ scaler. I am not sure where he go all his stuff from for it though. Rolex might be another on to hit up. He might be a grumpy old man but makes some bad ass rides.

Nooooo cj!!!! Jk!!!!!!!!!

RALPH!!!!!!! Where is your old ass at!?!?!?!?! I need you. Lol

The New Bright Jeep body is a great starting point IMO, I still see them in stores for $60.00 once in a while. You have to put longer links on the rear, move the rear shock towers back and make body mounts but it's a nice fit. I didn't bother painting anything when I had mine but there is a lot of potential there!

jeeptwoface.jpg

jeep2.jpg

If your looking for a hard body, the Jeep JK "Mudd Dawg" like the one Maxxin has^^ or Tamiya makes some hard bodies, but be warned they do break very easy with the smallest of tumbles.

If your wanting lexan, Pro-Line makes some pretty nice Jeep lids.

The new bright one is the one to use Alpine, full interior and great scale exterior. I've done two with that lid and loved both. They run a pretty penny now days though but you can find them on rcc used alot. Will prolly have to strech your wheel base a little bit.

Cool cool. Imma have to keep my eyes open for one. It just makes me sad whenever I see that ford sitting on the shelf. Kinda miss the ole truck.

Its best if you can find one like Petes or my first one, the red or silver one.

This was my TTC jk and the lid had a mud paint job on it which coved the light lenses on the front, and I couldnt get it off of them without making them dull and not clear any more. Which sucks cuz their super easy to wire for headlight and taillights.

Back