I want to buy a roto start

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SLiCKWiDNiCK

RCTalk Basher
Reaction score
I want to buy a roto start, and want to get one that's gonna be compatible for my revo, can anyone point me to a list of which ones will work please? Thanks in advance!

completely different than what I thought you were talking about.

There is different types ,it all depends on the shaft of the engine ,some start shafts are in the engine for an external
one way bearing ,an some starter shafts go into the engine into an internal one way bearing!

I have a Ofna 21 engine that has an internal o-way bearing ,in which that I use this roto start unit!

Depending on the brand & where the o-way is located ,some will enter change like the HPI units
may work ,but is a toss up ,if you can find a unit cheap enough to find out if they fit the screw pattern
of the engine block!

There is different types ,it all depends on the shaft of the engine ,some start shafts are in the engine for an external
one way bearing ,an some starter shafts go into the engine into an internal one way bearing!

I have a Ofna 21 engine that has an internal o-way bearing ,in which that I use this roto start unit!

Depending on the brand & where the o-way is located ,some will enter change like the HPI units
may work ,but is a toss up ,if you can find a unit cheap enough to find out if they fit the screw pattern
of the engine block!
the tiger drive i linked is saying it is compatible with the TRX 2.5 engine, which the EZ starts are supposed to be a direct swap between those, i believe also that the Tiger Drive has slotted screw mounting positions to be able to adjust for variance of different sizes withing a certain amount. might be worth an email to them to verify fitment. i remember when i was just getting into nitro that these were what everyone swore by, and was in my plans to get one, until i learned that if oyu have an engine near enough to tune, just a few pulls is alot better than running after the car with a glow driver, temp gun, and roto-start/electric drill, etc if you flipped it and it died or killed the engine some other way.
but in that front to each their own.