i want to buy a monster truck

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RaCeR

RC Newbie
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
i will buy my 1st nitro monster truck now they have a sportmaxx that is way cheaper then the t maxx but do you guys think i should buy the sport cause its more of a beginer truck or just go for the t maxx. right now i have about $300 and planing on ordering it from tower hobbies.

I will agree with NC…
The T-Maxx Light is missing all the good thing you would want in a Maxx.

For another $75.00 you can get the Real Deal.

While the sport maxx is virtually the same truck except no 4wd, I would personally opt for the 4wd, but this decision depends on what you are planning on doing with the truck. If you're planning on taking your truck out in the street and playing with your friends then the sport maxx might be the way to go. If you are even remotely considering beating your truck off road then save up and get the t-maxx.

A few things you'll need to consider is:
fuel, you'll need some to run your truck, $10 - 20
Batteries, for the radio receiver 4AA and transmitter 8AA, $5 - 10
Battery with charger, for the ezstart $10 - 15

Bottom line here factor in about $30 - 70 just to get your ready to run truck actually running.

A few other accessories you also would be advised to think about getting:
Filter oil, helps keep your engine from taking in moisture into the cylinder.
After run oil, it'll sasve you from having to buy a new engine after your engine rusts.
fuel jug for filling your tank without spilling too much
fuel filter, keeps crap for getting into your carb/engine

well i have a hpi nitro rs4 mt and a hpi nitro rs4 2 and i have the fuel the fuel bottle,air filter oil ect so i have everything to run he truck.:banana:

I say but the full blown T-Maxx. If you get it and you're not sure, just strip it a bit and use the RC NitroTalk SportMaxx Conversion. If I rememer, a few of us sell kits to help.

(BTW, that's a joke. Those who have been here a while will get it. Just buy the Maxx)

Dude get the T maxx.. A sport maxx is like buying a Big Screen TV but not getting the Remote control and only getting to watch the local stations... GO with the T you won't regret waiting till you round up that extra 70 bux also you may want to check around there are plenty of online retailers that offer a lot better service than Tower and better shipping here is a little list I compiled of places I have shoped at..

go with the t definetly when I get the money I will definetly opt for it

T-Maxx rules hardcore (is awesome)

how bout the hpi nitro savage for my 1st monster truck and do you guys think its a good truck to buy.

Attachments

• s1t.jpg
    s1t.jpg
    11 KB · Views: 174
The HPI Savage is a good looking truck, and smart for making it aftermarket parts compatible with the T-Maxx. Advantage of the Savage is the .21 power plant. The videos showing it being put through its paces made me want one also, but you asked your question on a T-Maxx forum...expect to get a unanymous vote for the full out T-Maxx. Anything less is undesirable (less being anything like the SportMaxx).

If you have the money or the time to save the money, go for the full fledged T-Maxx. Then hang on...'cause you will have a blast with it. :cool:

I recommend getting the T-Maxx like many of these people. But get what you want, not what we want, no matter what you get you'll have lots of FUN!!!!

Ill put in one more vote for the T-Maxx. But do your home work and check out all the trucks out there and get the one you like the best.

I would go for the maxx just because no other monster seems to get as popular and look at all the parts.

I can only say one word.........
T-Maxx T-Maxx T-Maxx T-Maxx T-Maxx T-Maxx T-Maxx T-Maxx T-Maxx T-Maxx T-Maxx T-Maxx T-Maxx T-Maxx T-Maxx T-Maxx T-Maxx T-Maxx T-Maxx T-Maxx T-Maxx T-Maxx T-Maxx T-Maxx T-Maxx T-Maxx T-Maxx T-Maxx T-Maxx T-Maxx T-Maxx T-Maxx T-Maxx T-Maxx T-Maxx T-Maxx T-Maxx..... x 1,000,000

Buy the T-Maxx...don't forget to factor in the cost of all the support gear (trust me, you WILL buy more stuff pretty quick after you buy the truck)...

A tool box.
Some decent tools (hex set, screw drivers, a good carb tuning screw driver, etc.)
Rags.
After run oil.
Denatured Alchohol.
Temp gun (not necessary, but it makes life easier).
Etc, etc, etc.
Maybe some spare parts to have on hand - I'd suggest at LEAST the following...
- about 5 glow plugs
- Skid plates
- TURNBUCKLES (seems like every newbie breaks a few of these...I broke three in my first two days of driving)

Why, there's always the radiation test. Never fails and never lies unlike the mechanical temp guages.

hum thats sounds intersting care to enlighten us?