I wanna be like Chris....

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DarthRacer

Hardcore RCTalk User
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Racing
A few nights ago, I was inspecting my Maxx. For some unknown reason I blanked out. I awoke several hours later to find this:

TMAXXdisassembled1.jpg

The spirit of Chris entered my body and forced me to disassemble my Maxx!!! I now have to inspect and clean every part. Is there any way to stop him from striking again???

Last edited:
LMAO! You should see mine now! DOWN TO THE SCREWS! I'm in complete rebuild mode!

May the force be with you!

lol makes me think of private pile in full metal jacket
( top 10 movie of all time-maybe top 5 id have to think)

how long does it take to put back together from there?
how long before you can do it with your eyes closed :)

I'm getting the Çh®i§tiªñ spirit this week. You got to get a bowl full of denatured and inspect and clean every part. Ohh and Thread Lock. MMMM the sweet taist of thread lock.

It must have been an imposter. If it was Çh®i§tiªñ, the parts wouldn't be laid out nice and neat like that. They would be in a pile in a big bucket.

Originally posted by SkyMaxx
It must have been an imposter. If it was Çh®i§tiªñ, the parts wouldn't be laid out nice and neat like that. They would be in a pile in a big bucket.

LMAO - omg does SkyMaxx know you Chris.

I was just done at Chris's house this week and he was showing me all of his R/C's. I then asked "didnt you have a T-Maxx?" he then begun to pull out these tubs of parts. There was like 3-4 of them, I suppose if you put them all together you would make a t-maxx or something similar to one. :D

-WoodiE

Ya i have got my maxx tore down to I two am going to rebuild with some nice goodies. I am buying them a piece at a time so it probably won't be running for another couple of months. I plan on going with alluminum bulk heads and rpm every where I can put it, mvp drives, a tranny and dif rebuild with rabinson racing parts, anc then I think i am going to drop the cash for a new sirio .18. I am going to take my time and build it riight so it will probably take me awhile. It is a good thing I still have my drake and t3 to keep me busy until I get the dough for all my t maxx parts

Someone pointed this out to me, so I pass it on to you. The Sirio .18 doesn't come in a pull start version YET, edited for misinformation.

I was just informed that Trinity states the engine will accept the EZ Start. I was told it would have to be modified. Guess I was given bad info. You might want to call Trinity and find out what "accept" means.

Either way...good luck in your build.

Last edited:
The reason it is out of stock is because it has not been built, yet. They have not released the pull start version quite yet, but it's coming.

And I took a visit to Trinity's site and grabbed this link:

http://www.teamtrinity.com/manuals/tx18manual.pdf

It is the manual for the Sirio TX .18. In it it shows the EZ start being bolted directly on. No mods. I'm gonna kick the fellow who told me that it needed help right in the jimmy. If the EZ Start is a bolt on; I would imagine that the TRAXXAS 2.5 pull start would be a bolt on as well (if it is out...anyone?)

Either way, Trinity has not released the pull start version of this engine. When and if I get a reply back from them wrt release date, I'll post it here.

Yeah it is out I read that on traxxas.. I hava also seen Tx-18's with pullstarts of thier own but who knows

Good info sky maybe ill get one for my second maxx

Thanks for the info sky I will keep that in mind

Easy start is a direct fit.

As far as pullstarters to my knowledge TRX and Siro neither have released a Pullstart.
Both are supposed to in the future.
People are using a version of the Ofna 21 pullstarter that is the best choice at the moment. Modifing a .15 pro starter was done also but it dones not work as good as the ofna. X

Hey X TRX has a Pullstart out for 2.5... I read on Traxxas that someone's LHS has had them about a month and I saw a picture of a 2.5 with the actual 2.5 pull start on it.... I will see if I can find it.. doesn't the savage pull start fit???

Tony at Trinity responded to my question. Sirio will be releasing its TX .18 with a pull start sometime in late April.

Until then, pull start fans will have to come up with some kind of mod to make it work.

Back