I took the Plunge

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RatzoRC

RCTalk VIP
Supporter
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Racing
I know I stuck my foot in my mouth, cause the other day I said I was getting the Hyper 7 PCR.
Well, I bought the Kyosho Kanai III.
It's on backorder, and should be in my LHS in a week or two.
I'm very much looking forward to putting this kit together.
I will be looking for an insane engine to put in this thing.
Money is not an issue, so I come to my forum friends and ask you:
If you had this buggy, and money was not an issue, What engine would you put in it??
I have a few Ideas.
RB concepts Rody Mod C5. Maybe just the RB concepts C5, Sirio 27 racer, ETC.
Any suggestions? I'd like to have your opinion.
Thanks Ratzo

congrats my friend...and if i were you.i whould go with the RB ws711.kick ass mill tons of power.holds a tune like no other mill i have owned.and two gallons latter.still is hard to turn over.no joke.

I have seen the Sirio 27 and that thing is a Monster! It has insane power. I have also seen the Fantom 27. Very impressed. Saw the sirio in an H7 Pcr Pro and the fantom in a MGT. Can you say Drool? How much are you looking to spend there ? From what I can see you are a Big spender! Show us some pics of that baby when you get her all done up!!!

Congrats on the purchase but sorry for the wait.

Jon

When i hopefully get my RB WS7-2 with my Kanai 2 end of this week or beginning next week i let you know how the engine performs after i have broken it in. I also ordered the OS 2050 pipe/header combination. Hopefully that combination will provide a nice flat powerband.

Thomas

Congrats on the purchase. My condolences to the wife ... Bring it to the park! Hit another savage!

cvec7 said:
Get a RB28 or a modified C-5! :hammer:
the rb 28 IMO is way to much for a 1/8 buggy.there is such a thing of too much.iam running the ws711 in my pcr.and like every one has heard the sirio 27 is a monster.all most to much power.well the RB ws711 IMO is that way to.I can't imagine the RB .28 that whould be to insain. and too much to handle for the power to weight ratio.

ws7 II is a kickass engine like everyone else here said. awesome reliability and amazing power

it depends where your going to race it. my buddy has a c-5 and the freakin thing has insane top end, but its not the best on the low end. But he gets half way down our 150 ft straight and the wheels turn into pizza cutters! The thing is stupid fast!

Thanks so far.. The ws 7 II is now on my list of things to look at.
Jon, Money is not an issue.
Keep the suggestions coming.
I appreciate the comments.

Only way to go.......... NovaRossi P5

If money is not an issue that get the XTM mill and send me the 350 bucks you save. lol

WS7-II is my choice as well. If you can slam down the cash for the Rody mod then do it.

I ordered the Sirio 21bk Kanai engine.
I feel that it was made for it, It must be good.
Any advise on a pipe??

I think that you will be happy with that mill. I have seen that in an Xterminator and that thing hauled ass!!! Not sure what the set up was but DAMN. Now the XTM 24-7 Pro is probably my next guinea pig. I have a lot of great things on it so I might just buy that next.

Now your Pipe question .. I have the Ofna 063 and the 086 and to be honest the more I play with both on my picco 26 and it rocks!!! But really can't tell the difference.

I received my WS7-2 today. What a beautiful engine.

Thomas

Good choice of buggies, my KII was awesome but I made the mistake of selling it for way to cheap. I debated for weeks on a KIII or the new MP 777 special ed 1 but I found they are almost the same except for a few minor differences but mainly the price so I got the Trip 7 and I couldnt be happier with my decision. The only small dissapointment is the flourescent yellow rims and spoiler and that parts are hard to get right now. Honestly I would hold off on the KIII if its on backorder and wait for the trip7 to come to the states.
As far as your choice of motors, the sirio .21 is a great motor. I run the sirio .27 and it has insane power, almost too much (is there such a thing?). The only problem with Sirio is: parts are expensive (pull start=$70) and with the .27 you really have to modify headers to fit but the roto start does work on it, thats a positive.
There are many good choices for pipes but I found my favorite to be the RB086. Ace-hobbies stocks them for a really good price. The pipe has good torque and top end. It really matches the .27 well.
Well, just my 2 cents, enjoy!

Engine decisions.

Forget about the Rody mod engines, it's just a lame excuse to charge you more money. I can see the fruit in spending a little for RBCC or something like that, but the difference between (for example) a C5B and a Rody C5B would be so close to zip zero that you really couldn't tell. It's an utter waste of money, and it's not like it's just a couple bucks difference either

If you want something insanely fast, it might be worth dropping the few extra bucks for the C5 Circuit. Two extra intake ports means more power, simple as that. A power difference you can actually see. I run one, the only prerequisite is a bigger cooling head. (anything will do)

That's great for crazy bashing fun, but if you are actually racing on a tight track, then the ticket would be a Nova P5, WS7-II or a similar buggy engine.

Regardless, IMHO, anything novarossi based is the way to go. RB, Nova, JP, whichever rings your bell.

I appreciate your input guy's but here's the thing.
I Already bought the Kanai III, and the Sirio Kanai engine.
I now need header and pipe input.
I do appreciate the help.

hmmmm, Sirio 2b.. ,,,, for a pipe ? it really depends on what type of track you're running at....
but since you said price is no option, why not get 2 motors, I have some pretty tight Rex based mod P-5's here..... hmmmm what to do,,, hahaha.....

for pipes, you should have a set of pipes when you go to the track, 53,63, and 86 for track length and conditions....unless you already know the motorz charss...

hmmmm, also if you dont already have that K3 paid for , I know a semi-pro guy here at the track that's changing sponsors and is selling his K2 , so clean you can eat of it(although I dont recommend it) for pretty cheap,, and it's pretty dialed..
heres what hes selling this weekend, from his email earlier.....

--clip-----
Kanai 2, raced 4 times. Racer's edge knuckles. Laydown servo conversion. $375
RB WS7II. Raced 4 times. $200/offer
NovaRossi P5. runs great. $150
A box full of mounted 1/8 tires. Some are barely used. Proline and Panther. $25/set
Mugen MTX3. Raced 4 times. Roller only, no engine or electronics. Will include a beater body and good set of foam tires.
$225.
Sedan foam tires. 37 and 40 shore. New. $12/pair.
------------end clip-------------------

if interested I have a but-load of fioroni and racers edge hop-ups that I can put in with his car for any extra "bling" needed, actually whichever way you go, I want to get rid of this 7.5 stuff I have here, let me know what catches your eye online, I probably have it, and dont want to carry it anymore,, trying to go all mugen stuff, hmmm I wonder if that wil ever happen *grin*...

Lates!!
-Will-
www.WilzWerx.com

ahh i posted to late,,, but here ya go, hard anodized pipe & header with hardware,, 86 or 53 for 60 bucks,, plus ship, ships been about 4 bucks on those (priority mail) ....

Lates!!

-Will-
www.WilzWerx.com

RatzoRC said:
I appreciate your input guy's but here's the thing.
I Already bought the Kanai III, and the Sirio Kanai engine.
I now need header and pipe input.
I do appreciate the help.

Thanks Hirez but I already paid for the items. The Buggy was on backorder for a day.
It has been shipped.
As for the pipe, I was told by a trusted source to get the O.S. 2050.
Looks like a good pipe. I think I might order that.
If you heard anything bad aboyut this pipe, please LMK.
Thanks for your help guy's.

Back