I really miss racing...

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

godale03

Awesomer!! Than Rolex!!
Supporter
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
Hey Guys,

Yesterday afternoon a couple of buddies of mine that I used to race with before the LHS track closed down stopped by yesterday for a little race/bash session at my track in the back yard. Man I had almost forgotten how much fun that it was to have more than one car on the track.

Before we got started we did a little track maintainence and prep (which was nice because I actually had help!!) and off we went. We started with the nitros and man what a blast! The track was just a bit wet... not too much but just enough to make it grippy and the cars handled like they were on rails. We were racing and bumping each other and just enjoying the smell of Nitro in the air. My two friends still race regularly so it was very obvious how bad of a driver I am! I am way out of practice. We ended the day with Electric and I tried my lipos out for the first time..... man what a difference!! I hope to be able to do this more in the coming months and years. We are enjoying some very odd warm weather for december, and we took full advantage of it.

Anyway I just thought I would share. We bashed until dark and I can't wait to do it again. Just thought I would share.

Last edited:
Tom that is kick butt. I realy miss having a few folks to run with. It is just me here really which kinda sucks. There is a track somewhere but have not found it yet. Sounds like you had a blast! Afternoons like that are great... Hanging out and messing around

Tom that is kick butt. I realy miss having a few folks to run with. It is just me here really which kinda sucks. There is a track somewhere but have not found it yet. Sounds like you had a blast! Afternoons like that are great... Hanging out and messing around

Dude it was the best therapy for the crappy week I had last week at work. We were all joking and smack talking with each other. My track is a bit tight for the 1/8 scales so we were rubbing tires alot and just having a blast. The wife was just happy the track was getting used!

Yeah, I'm the same way, and that's a big reason I've been selling off cars and trucks and getting more into aircraft. I simply have nobody to even bash with here, and it gets old loading it all up to stand around by yourself. Glad to hear you guys had a good day of bashing, nothing like having your buds around to do a little rubbin' n racing. :D

Yeah, I'm the same way, and that's a big reason I've been selling off cars and trucks and getting more into aircraft. I simply have nobody to even bash with here, and it gets old loading it all up to stand around by yourself. Glad to hear you guys had a good day of bashing, nothing like having your buds around to do a little rubbin' n racing. :D

Man you are so right... running by yourself is fun, but gets old fast after the first pack or so. I felt like I was maintaining the track just to look at it! LOL

Dale it would be a pleasure to see some pics of your backyard track, if you could post some please. And I'd also like to see what you were runnin :)

Sent from my X10a using Tapatalk

https://www.rcnitrotalk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=90220

Here is the link for the track pictures. I didn't take any pictures of what we were running yesterday.... was having to much fun to think about taking pictures! LOL I can tell you what we were running though. I was running my X1CRT, and my SC10. My buddies were running a serpent 1/8 buggy and a Durrango 1/8 scale. Also we had an electric 1/8 scale buggy I think it was a Losi... I don't remember the model though. I was impressed with the electric buggy though that thing was fast... and quiet!

I miss going to the track and hanging out with my friends that race. It was great fun just smack talking and just smiling and agreeing when they told I couldn't drive worth a hill of beans.

I miss going to the track and hanging out with my friends that race. It was great fun just smack talking and just smiling and agreeing when they told I couldn't drive worth a hill of beans.

That was basically me.... I couldn't drive a lick and these guys were lapping me once every two times around it seemed! My buddy Brian just accepted a 70% sponsorship from Serpent... pretty cool!

I would love to race or even hit up on a legit RC track! You would never think watching an RC SCT race or anything really would be a challenge but boy it is tuff, I have taken sloppy laps on my neighbors little moto track and boy it is HARD! can't believe the way you have to grid out the track in your mind and coordinate your rig at the far side of the track into corners and jumps, CRAZY! Someday real soon I hope I can give it a whirl.

I usually (ok, always run solo) because of a lack of running buddies and a little envious of those that have found track buddies. And even more envious of those that have a track in their back yard! When I daydream it's of my own personal track and several of my friends running all day long. :drool:

I usually (ok, always run solo) because of a lack of running buddies and a little envious of those that have found track buddies. And even more envious of those that have a track in their back yard! When I daydream it's of my own personal track and several of my friends running all day long. :drool:

I wouldn't be to enveous.... I got lucky with the land and having the equipment available to help get the track built. I have a wife and two kids so I spend more time looking at it as I wiz by to take care of other things or driving this kids to practice or rehearsal or guitar lessons. LOL This is also the first time in the two or three years the track has been around that I have had someone to bash with. The two buds that stopped by I lost touch with up until a couple of weeks ago. When the local RC track closed down they drove all over the east coast racing and I have a wife and two kids so I didn't race with them.... didn't have the time. I hope this past weekend was a sign of good things to come, but so far I haven't figured out how to invent more time yet so I know that I won't always have time to race. Also... guess who gets to take care of the track in the hot summer sun? Me!! Which let me tell you gets old quick and between water damage and weeds its all I can do to keep the track in the condition it is in which is ok at best. So unless you have an army of folks willing to sweat with you... a back yard track is just another chore to keep up with. LOL Now don't get me wrong I think having a backyard track it great... just alot of work for the few hours I get to enjoy it.

Well if I had the land I would give it a shot. I too have a wife and 2 kids so I understand not having much time for yourself. Anyway good luck with the track and if I'm ever headed toward Maryland I'll be sure to pack the Tmaxx.

dale you may be hard on your track, and it sucks that you have few people to run with, but ill put it to you like this. if that track was anywhere within 60 miles of me, it would be the best track for 120 miles all around. there isnt even an 1/8 scale track within 3 hours, unless you want your MT or truggy run over by a HPI Baja. I'm glad you had an awesome weekend, and to many more returns.

I feel very fortunate that I am able to race now. Racing is just where it's at for me. I wouldn't do it except that now that my in-laws moved closer and the wife is off on the weekends. I don't need to shuffle the kids off to the babysitter. I have so much less interest in bashing now and I actually feel like I'm doing something with it. For years I just ran misc. rigs around the house/yard by myself or just collected rigs because they were cool. Those days are gone. I need to be a part of something now.

Back