I really don't know anymore (Traxxas slash 2wd LCG chassis skid plate) might sell the car.

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DavidB1126

Team Bomb Pop
Supporter
Excellence Award
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Racing
  3. Crawling
  4. Scale Builder
I really don't know anymore. These pegs just break. This is on the new LCG chassis I installed too. Honestly this is a money pit and been wanting to sell the car for the past couple months. And I did told my dad if I sell the slash and the mini b I want a arrma 1/8 basher. Been looking at the kraton 6s. But if I do sell the car I am going to put some stock parts back in and keep some good parts like my hobbywing combo and other parts. Or i might have my uncle modify the skid plate but not sure on how to do that. Maybe drill and put a screw underneath the peg and drill through the main chassis and another screw? I'm running out of ideas.

I really don't know anymore. These pegs just break. This is on the new LCG chassis I installed too. Honestly this is a money pit and been wanting to sell the car for the past couple months. And I did told my dad if I sell the slash and the mini b I want a arrma 1/8 basher. Been looking at the kraton 6s. But if I do sell the car I am going to put some stock parts back in and keep some good parts like my hobbywing combo and other parts. Or i might have my uncle modify the skid plate but not sure on how to do that. Maybe drill and put a screw underneath the peg and drill through the main chassis and another screw? I'm running out of ideas.
Kraton 6S is a great basher :)

Kraton 6S is a great basher :)
Yea. I just want a basher that does not break 10 seconds into my bash. Also I am saving my HW Max10 SCT combo from the slash so I do want a car to put that in. I am thinking about the Kraton 4s. The only problems with those that I had seen is the chassis but someone makes a aluminum chassis bash bar which helps not break the chassis. I had also been looking at the 1/8 infraction 3s. But I do want something that I can do for speed runs, street bashing and off roading. Another thing to note is after my buggy build I like building up kits and taking the time to build them. I had been looking at the tekno et410.2 and some 4wd SCT kits like the SCTE 3.0 and the SCT410.3. Or I can make the best basher from the tekno ET48. I wish every company has a kit version of their RTR car.
But here's the thing. I have no idea why I keep breaking those pegs. The servo isn't the problem since it does it with the stock servo. I line up the pegs with the chassis. The only thing I notice is the pegs move back and forth when turning and it is usually the right side peg that breaks first. I want to keep the car but I also don't. 1. It's a money pit. 2. It was my first RC. 3. I like the car when it don't break.

Yeah, David. Sometimes you just got to walk away from a car. Had to do that myself not long ago and it ain't easy. Built up a next-gen mid-motor ST from a kit. Once done, didn't like it so Ebayed it out without even running it.

Have you looked at the Arrma Typhon V3 3S? It's a versatile package that'll do everything you listed. Good reviews and looks good in You Tube action. Wish-listed myself quite a while ago. Also comes in a race-tuned roller-but its kinda pricey. Good luck. Cheers. 'AC'

Yeah, David. Sometimes you just got to walk away from a car. Had to do that myself not long ago and it ain't easy. Built up a next-gen mid-motor ST from a kit. Once done, didn't like it so Ebayed it out without even running it.

Have you looked at the Arrma Typhon V3 3S? It's a versatile package that'll do everything you listed. Good reviews and looks good in You Tube action. Wish-listed myself quite a while ago. Also comes in a race-tuned roller-but its kinda pricey. Good luck. Cheers. 'AC'
With the Typhon. Well if it is the 1/8 version I might be able to run it at the 1/8 scale tracks. The slash was my first rc so. If we had to sell our rc with a mileage. Wonder how many miles are on my slash? Well the whole car is basically brand new besides the transmission. I probably will sell the slash. Planning to do FB market place in local groups. Or I can part it out like you did.
Broke the pegs and bellcrank this time. Well didn't break the bellcrank I just.lost a bushing.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230101-154713.png
    Screenshot_20230101-154713.png
    1.4 MB · Views: 34
  • PXL_20230102_033155597.jpg
    PXL_20230102_033155597.jpg
    345.5 KB · Views: 28
  • PXL_20230102_033159075.jpg
    PXL_20230102_033159075.jpg
    438.8 KB · Views: 29
Last edited:
I am thinking about the Kraton 4s. The only problems with those that I had seen is the chassis but someone makes a aluminum chassis bash bar which helps not break the chassis.
You dont want the Kraton 4S. Its nothing like the 6S or 8S versions. Its a very different kit and doesn't perform well IMO. It rolls over if you look at it funny and I even added 10mm wheel spacers to it all the way around. Next thing I'm going to try is 1/8 Scale truggy tires and see if that helps but as someone who owns all 3 Kratons the 4S is the red headed step child of the 3.

I had also been looking at the 1/8 infraction 3s. But I do want something that I can do for speed runs, street bashing and off roading. Another thing to note is after my buggy build I like building up kits and taking the time to build them.
You really need separate rig for on road and off road imho.

I had been looking at the tekno et410.2 and some 4wd SCT kits like the SCTE 3.0 and the SCT410.3. Or I can make the best basher from the tekno ET48. I wish every company has a kit version of their RTR car.
Tekno makes great stuff. can't go wrong there.

Back