I need help, my engine seized.

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Will26

RCTalk Champion
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Racing
After a full cleaning of my trx2.5 engine with water, it keeps seizing on me. The engine is used but I haven't run it myself yet. I did put some wd40 in it but after a week it froze up. How can I prevent this from happening? Thanks guys.

how did you clean it with water? did any water get in the motor?

you do not use water to clean a nitro motor. use nitro fuel or wd 40 .take the engine off the truck . Disasymble the engine . take the head off, starter , back plate and look at the inside and see how bad it is rusted . then what i did is put something in to pluge the opening to the back of the motor and fill it with wd 40 let it soak for a couple of hours and try to turn the fly wheel,if it turns keep doing it untill it is good and loose empty the wd40 relube with wd40 and reassemble. NEW GLOW PLUG. and see how it goes ,I have had a few that were gummed up pretty good and brought them back by doing this.

if this does not work I would do the trade up and getthe 3.3..

hope this helps

what ballen said ! sounds like it got water inside and rusted !

Ok. Got it to move. I opened it up and sprayed wd40 all over. No rust. I had dryed it very very well using a hair dryer and towel.

the only time i ever had an engine lock up on me, was the piston skirt breaking and jamin it up, but I'm assuming you would have noticed this when you took it apart,

nitro motors will lock up from sitting and no after run lube , rust , or bad bearings or a broke conrod .lots of different reasons, but in his case it was probably water related .

So after I run it will the nitro fuel act as a lubricant? Or will I have to add some kind of grease?

when you are done running it you should put after run oil in it or wd40 , pull the plug just a lil squirt in there turn over the motor a coupl of times (just pull the pull start ) nice and slow. put a lil in the carb and do the same . put the plug back in and your good untill the next time you run.

If ur leaving it over night there is no need to do the after run maintenance.

---------- Post added at 11:17 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:16 PM ----------

Providing your running it the next day*