I miss bashing with my son!

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mackdaddy66

RCTalk Champion
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
just thought i'd share this, I got into rc trucks because i wanted to spend time with my son, Tyler, he's 11 now. Man, the fun we had in that old field with my savage and his t-maxx, PRICELESS!! well, lets just say his mom wanted her freedom, and we got divorced, not what i wanted but had to accept it. anyway i remarried and now live in Arkansas, he is in Wv with his mom. I can't wait till summer when i get him for a month, i am getting my savage ready now. My point is even though things have changed I still have priceless memories of me n Tyler in that old field bashing on those two trucks. If your looking for a good way to stay close to your kids, in my opinion you can't beat the R/C hobby. so dont take it for granted dads, cause man things sure can change!! :(

It's a GREAT way to spend time with the boys. Anything with wheels is like a magnet to them. Soon you'll be under a big hood with him working on real cars.

Me and my Daughter have more fun that what should be allowed with our trucks, she has the mini recon, and i get out with my savage......of course i let her do most of the driving......i wish i could find a good mini to trade for or buy so my truck would be the same size....she get a little jealous because mine is bigger and faster, But we have for sure made some great memories......and plenty more to come!!

Bought a few from my brother in law and am lookin forward to giving my youngest his first hobby grade rc. Dont know if Ill give him the slash or the highroller but in all honesty it doesn't matter as long as hes happy and gets to spend that quality time with dad. Even if most of it is spent at the lhs buying replacement parts !!:) Hold on to those memories!!!

Yeah when I liked in the states my dad and I did a lot of bashing together. Going to be some time before we can again. It was a lot of fun. My son if a bit too young still but when he is older it will be a ton of fun.

hey guys, just got back to southern W.V. to spend christmas with my kids, I hate the whole divorce thing as its just so hard on kids. But on a good note my lovely new wife just ordered my christmas presents from Tower Hobbies so I will have my savage ready when my son gets to spend the summer with me. heres my order, Associated LRP z.28 spec 3 engine, !7 mm hex hub conversion with dog bones, Hpi Ribbed pipe, 72 chevy c10 truck body, I can't wait to get back home n get started on my savage. Merry Christmas to everyone here. mackdaddy66!

For now the only thing I let her drive is the electrics. She enjoys running them and I'm sure in a few more years she can run the nitros. I'm still not ready to hand over the baja but someday she can run it. When the time comes I'll get her a savage x ss with a pink body and she'll love it.

That was one of the main reasons why I ordered my Savage X SS. My sister just went through a terrible divorce and I bought my truck to give my little nephew some good memories. He is 6 years old and lives for cars and trucks. He is gonna love helping me build the truck.

Seperation is never a good thing anyway you slice it. I went through a baby momma seperation and it was not easy at all. I still to this day pay child support which to me gives the mothers too much lee way with what they can do with it. I have learned by taking the high road which seems you have done mackdaddy66, is the only way to go. It's the things like rc, going outside to play together and so on that really make the difference in that relationship. After the years I see that first hand with my daughter.

thanks, my sons 11 now n my daughters 13, while she's not into rc's that much she did enjoy them when she'd play. I love my kids more than anything and i hated it because i couldn't keep their family together, but what i've come to accept is that if your not the one to BREAK it, then you can't fix it. But i've met the love of my life now and at least i get to see them regularly, and as far as my son and i, i hope we are out bashing on our trucks for years to come. mackdaddy66

Back