I have Losi Lst 1 monster truck. Engine not pump nitro fuel

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Milwaukee

RC Newbie
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
Well I got this for best deal. It look it been use 1 gal then leave for several years.

Now they try start it would run but if give gas it die.

So i told them I can do.

I look at it. It not pump nitro fuel to clear line. So I try primer it not work.

engine is M26

How you pump nitro fuel to engine?

And
my English is bad because I am deaf so it hard to type English.

While spinning the starter, plug the end of the exhaust pipe till you see the fuel in the line get to the carburetor.

Now it pump gas it start but it run lot white smoke if I touch throttle on radio control it die.

What correct adjust for those needle near air filter?

Now it run but have very little power like you push full throttle it like slow rev then finally moving for several feets like 10 then stop.

It pour lot fuel out muffler to floor is that too much riches? I try more lean it would run for short time then die plus no power to moving until more rich.

do glow plug can fire nitro fuel?

I thought it could be bad fuel so I test pour on tiny bowl with glow plug in ignition it glow orange but not fire nitro.

Plus it look old like year was 05.

It would stay run very little but most time it run then sudden die.

what best glow plug for those M26?

The glow plug does fire the fuel, but might not without the right mix of air and pressure.
The fuel could be bad, if it's that old, depends on how it was stored.

It was metal can 1 gal which is almost empty. color fuel look little pink but most clear white.

And have 1 quart which never open. It was 05 but I thought it could bad because see metal can have rust surface.

Well, the only way to rule out bad fuel is by getting new fuel. Also, if it was stored that long, a new glow plug should be used. Glow plugs are time sensitive once fuel/fire has been introduced to them. The acidic nature of exhaust/fire eats at the coating of the coil on the plug which makes it less effective at it's job.

Personally I'd dump the fuel you have, go to an LHS, pick up some new 20% nitro/12% oil fuel and a new OS #3 or #8 glowplug. Then give it a try.

Also, I'd do the primer modification that can be found here. It's the removal of the primer so it will rule out air leaks caused by the primer.

Back