I got my son a redcat blackout xte

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RickyMac

RC Newbie
Reaction score
Its the brushed version. We have upgraded the stock shocks to red aluminum shocks. I want to upgrade the motor to brushless but I'm not sure which motor I should go with. Any suggestions? We are brand new to this. Only been driving a couple months. If we upgrade to brushless are the batteries that came with the car no good anymore. We would also need to buy a lipo charger and lipo batteries correct? Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Rick

specs say it comes with a 550 brushed not sure the turns of that motor so i can't pinpoint to to a equivalent brushless match..hobbywing makes some decent setups id look at a 3500kv you wont need much more might have to do a pinion change also and yes a lipo upgrade would be beneficial as those 6 cell nimh 3000 mah will drain fast with brushless id go with 6000mah +

Be careful- they tend to break anytime you get them off the ground. I'd keep it brushed and pick up something more durable for brushless. My redcats spent an awful lot of their lives being fixed, and they don't really tolerate the wrenching as well as an arrma would. Just my $.02...

I tried searching on youtube I seen people upgraded to goolru 4300kv brushless with a 60amp esc. What is the difference between 60 amp I also seen 25 amp 120 amp...

Thank's in advance,

Rick

4300kv will rip that thing in pieces. the amperage of a esc allows the motor to draw that number of amps .it does not push that amperage into motor..i would not run that high a kv motor id try to keep it a little above stock to be safe ..not sure that rig could take all that extra speed a 4300kv will deliver id want more torque and less top speed..

So your saying that the 4300 KV would be to fast? Or to much torque? I only mentioned that one in particular because I seen multiple videos of people saying that's the motor they used for there blackout xte..

Back