I finally joined the Savage Family

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

revo_rob_1984

OverMedicated
Supporter
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Racing
100_0461.jpg

100_0462.jpg

My question is, What kind of things do i need to look out for as far as known problems?
Also, what are some recomended upgrades? Shocks? Arms? ect

My question is, What kind of things do i need to look out for as far as known problems?
Also, what are some recomended upgrades? Shocks? Arms? ect

Sweet rig. If you bought this brand new or even if it's used, I suggest you enjoy the stock configuration until a part or parts failed. Then you can upgrade as you go along. But if you have the means, an aluminum big bore shocks would not only look cool, but it would definitely do a better job in absorbing bumps. A 5mm TVP's not only would add character, but additional strength. TCS crawler's website sells them for $19.99 here. You may also consider hardened drive cups. In my opinion, the savage flux is a well built machine, metal spur gear, metal steering servo, standard wheelie bar. You might want to consider buying an extra pair of tires, because one could not resist being trigger happy with your savage flux, making the tires go bald faster. Now if there is a local race you can enter your savage flux, that would be cool. Enjoy your savage flux.

its by far the toughest savage out there. the drivetrain parts are the strongest they make and it has the bulletproof diffs from the factory, which is the only flaw I've found on the X4.6 (diffs keep blowing on the 4.6).

what I've found is, it will destroy itself if you run 3s lipos. the truck is capable of 3 standing backflips but if you dont land it, it will break itself. I've bent the dogbone from the diff to the wheel and broke the axle in half just from a flip.

also, the motor on mine manages to turn in the mounting plate which jams the wires up against the speed control. on a backflip it knocked one of the motor wires out of the speed control and bent it so it wouldnt stay in. i used a small piece of aluminum foil and it now is tighter than the other ones.

from what i can tell, it will stay stock, probably forever. knock on wood on the X and Flux all the plastic parts are tough, no issues there... The two biggest issues I've fought though are you pretty much have to red loktite the pinion gear set screw and the slipper clutch nut. it backs the slipper off no matter how tight you get it and then the spur gear ends up at over 200 degrees and you can smell it:D

Back