I Did It Now...

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hamz9561

Proud Short Bus Rider
Supporter
Military Veteran
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
I did it now...

I bit the bullet and a bought a UMF Carbon Cub SS BNF today. I didn't have my DX7s with me today so I'm going back tomorrow and they're going to help me set up the little bird with mixes and EPAs that they've found work best with their own.

I'm going flying tomorrow!

I can't wait to hear your opinion on it, I have been eyeballing it pretty hard!

You bought one of these?

EFLU1180_a0?$pdpLand$.jpg

Congrats hamz, I've been eyeballing them for a bit myself. Please post up a flight review, and some video if you can. Congrats again man, nothing like the excitement of flying a new bird for the first time.

I was talking to the salesman, who also is looking at for himself, and he said that the thing climbs so quickly with partial flaps that it will almost go inverted. He recommended a to mix a bit of down elevator with the partial flap setting to keep the nose down a bit. He also suggested readjusting the end points on the aileron/elevator servos because they tend to over extend if you don't. I'll get some pics of the actual unpacking and before flight. If there's carnage, I'll post that, too.

I got it unpacked and got it bound and had gotten some of the programming done on the TX and by then the wind had picked up enough to start blowing small children away. Just my luck. And yeah, joey, that's the one.

Every time I get some time to fly here recently, we have had Red Flag wind advisories in effect. Hopefully I'll be able to get some time on it soon.

I think you should send this bad boy to me and I'll test fly it!

Tell you what. If you can convince Rolex that you can break in his Savage and have him ship it to you and then break it in with video evidence along with a mud bog or two, then I'll send to you....

You mentioned Rolex, Savage, and mud in the same post....you could get banned for that!

Another windy day and no flying. This really sucks. Sunday looks like it might be good according to NOAA. Hopefully I'll be able to get some Cub time as well as mQX time.

It was really calm out, so I run and get the cub and start back outside to my favorite flying field (less than 100 yds from my front door) and all of a sudden the wind picks up to 10 mph and gusting to 15 mph. Damn...

Flying indoor with Quads

Woww, what a bummer waiting...
Ah, that's what I Love about micro quads, buzzing around the house for fun.
Even the larger mQX and AR Drone 2.0 can be flown indoors if careful.

Chas

Last edited:
I live in a small apartment so even flying my Scout CX is a bit tough. The mQX is out of the question. Going flying and hopefully will get some time on the Cub and mQX.

Back