I can't sell this RC car?

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

newnitro2020

Gone - bye bye.
Reaction score
I need the money right away so I can pay off this financial company.

I've been trying to sell this car but it won't sell.

I did everything I can think of from trying to do a running video of it to showing all the details of what you get with the car and how good shape that this car is.

Is there any better places besides eBay that will take my item seriously? I cannot sell this car I'm trying to sell it.

I'm getting sick of it it's taking up space.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/133896176084

You see here's the thing for years now there's a lot of fraudsters that try to so you a what they call working Nitro car.

Maybe you get it at be a lot of work. Done with it then what they described.

And it makes people like me look and be judged the same way as these idiots.
I like other people that sing due to the nature of this hobby it's sold as is this item is not as is.

Basically I just want someone to take me seriously.

The only time it's not hard to sell Nitro is if it's a Traxxas pathetically.

You can have a Traxxas Jato 3.3 you can sell it make just about the same amount as a new one.

That's a pathetic it is.

Try to sell some other stuff like a Kyosho or something else ain't nobody going to take you seriously.

I only wish I had someone I could give me a good camera I don't want to come off as a handout fool but it is what it is.

I bought another buggy because I need a fresh start I basically learned Nitro not only through the internet but really working with this buggy that I'm selling.

You see if this was electric people would take it seriously because it's not a lot of work and it's straightforward.

I got this on Craigslist I got this on eBay ain't nobody just not want to buy it. I offer things that not other people will offer on their used stuff and you know it's just it's ridiculous.

Only issue I got is I don't have no tires I don't have no pull start the spring broke.

But this thing still works just add fuel to bump start.

I bought another one just for a fresh start as far as just having a much more comfortable knowledge with Nitro.

I mean it may look like it's on me as to why you selling this what you already got? It's just because I just like to start fresh. I went through a lot with this buggy.

Mostly just learning curves.
Having a fresh new one in my was just another way of starting off fresh as far as just having more easier time with the lessons I've learned to the last time.

Nevertheless I took care of it. It look like to me that should have been somebody by now.

A-main Hobby I owe them money through a financial program that I used to pay for the second buggy.

I'm not even going to run it until I sell the old one. I have done videos private at videos and it's still to no avail.

Ain't No Way in the world I'm selling this for $150 because it's a good engine it barely even a gallon through it. Mostly maybe I would say about three quarts of fuel worth.

I guess that's the problem it's a lack of nitro audiences I know a lot of nitro audiences through the videos and subscribers do I subscribe to.\

Dimitri from hybrid rC. I don't know what I'm going to do. Selling a Nitro car is not easy. Electric is easier to sell then a Nitro. That's why I don't like this generation of RC cuz it took away the other side of us enthusiasts that like internal combustion.

Patience is the key to selling anything. Be patient. Have you ever taken into consideration maybe you just haven't run across a buyer yet, and because of the lovely situation the world is in couldn't slow things down a bit?
Honestly if I was in the market for nitro car, I would be interested in this but would quickly change my mind, because you accused everybody of not taking you seriously.
For the record, your car is being sold "AS-IS" , it means you are selling it in its current condition but yet you don't guarantee it.

Buying a used nitro car is a crap shoot! The engines are finicky, if it got overheated or broken in incorrectly it won't be long for this world. I would not buy a nitro car unless I wanted the chassis. If I was looking for a used nitro car I would just budget to buy a new engine.
Your ad doesn't mention what size or brand the engine is. if the buggy has a 2 speed. Unfortunately I won't buy anything I can't get parts for. I've been in the hobby since the mid eighties and found parts for some brands of cars hard to get parts for a lot of the time. That may limit your customer base somewhat. I would say if you want to sell it quick cut the price otherwise you may be sitting on it for a while. Also the RC hobby innovation changes very quickly. Stuff becomes obsolete in no time.

Just my opinion nothing personal or no offense meant. You are selling a USED Nitro for one, for two Kyosho isn't the best quality or most sought after brand, and 3 the pictures are really low quality so just looking at them seems like 10 years old pictures. I'd lower price a bit as NEW one is only what $360 and usually any USED RC parts or cars IMO are only worth about 50-60% original cost. Try taking better photos as again seems like the pictures where taken 10 years ago and really low quality, and lower price a bit is my suggestion.

Kyosho isn't the best quality or most sought after brand

You're kidding right, kyosho is absolutely a quality brand.

lower price a bit as NEW one is only what $360
Do you have any clue how much it woll cost him to ship this? If cost me $42 to ship a clear slash body that weighed almost nothing. He is including shipping in his price.

Newnitro2020, you might want to post it locally, that way you can lower the price a little if you dont have to ship it, and you could show a potential buyer that it runs. Try marketplace.

The one thing I agree with edough on is pictures. Clean it up nice, and take quality pictures, this will help get more interest in the rig. Good luck

Do you have any clue how much it woll cost him to ship this? If cost me $42 to ship a clear slash body that weighed almost nothing. He is including shipping in his price.

Newnitro2020, you might want to post it locally, that way you can lower the price a little if you dont have to ship it, and you could show a potential buyer that it runs. Try marketplace.

The one thing I agree with edough on is pictures. Clean it up nice, and take quality pictures, this will help get more interest in the rig. Good luck
Not by any means saying Kyosho is a cheap brand such as WLtoys etc but rather its not an Associated, Losi, Trax-ass or other BIG NAME SOUGHT AFTER BRAND. As I said *NO OFFENSE* AND *IN MY OPINION* Believe me I know how much it costs to ship rigs have bought half of the 9 I own from other members and paid shipping cost plenty of times from California to New York and all over😉 Biggest issue is its a USED Nitro rig which unfortunately Nitro is getting less and less popular and people that want a one want something new they don't have to worry about possible issues with. Pictures go a long way also I've seen countless people not sell rigs because of dirty rigs or bad pictures but once better pictures posted sold almost right away. Again to @newnitro2020 didn't mean any offense at all just trying to give feedback of my opinion why your having a tough time getting rid of it.

It is used ,you are not going to get back what it cost you new ,that being said ,no one is
going to pay a high price for something used when they can put out a little more coin
for a new platform!
Should not take vids of a sell ,only pics ,do not give anymore details about it other than it
runs with good compression ,an try to keep the price & shipping down to the lowest that
you can deal with an not what you can squeeze out of it!..:thumbs-up:

Patience is the key to selling anything. Be patient. Have you ever taken into consideration maybe you just haven't run across a buyer yet, and because of the lovely situation the world is in couldn't slow things down a bit?
Honestly if I was in the market for nitro car, I would be interested in this but would quickly change my mind, because you accused everybody of not taking you seriously.
For the record, your car is being sold "AS-IS" , it means you are selling it in its current condition but yet you don't guarantee it.

I agree with you on this extent but I can guarantee that everything will be 100%.

As far as selling it. As far as it being used and the as is but I would consider as is to be something that I don't know if it works or not.

But I've actually dealt with this thing one on one clean it's. Oil my engine. Needles are good everything's good. It's really I have full confidence that the person that will have it will not have any problems other than just buying tires probably a bump start. I would at the pump start the problem is is that it is an older pump start and it's real heavy and takes a gel cell battery and it's very heavy.
Buying a used nitro car is a crap shoot! The engines are finicky, if it got overheated or broken in incorrectly it won't be long for this world. I would not buy a nitro car unless I wanted the chassis. If I was looking for a used nitro car I would just budget to buy a new engine.
Your ad doesn't mention what size or brand the engine is. if the buggy has a 2 speed. Unfortunately I won't buy anything I can't get parts for. I've been in the hobby since the mid eighties and found parts for some brands of cars hard to get parts for a lot of the time. That may limit your customer base somewhat. I would say if you want to sell it quick cut the price otherwise you may be sitting on it for a while. Also the RC hobby innovation changes very quickly. Stuff becomes obsolete in no time.
Like you understand the behavior of people being leery and for people to buy something just for a chassis or four parts.

I wish kyosho would have just call it the 777 instead of the Neo because what name brand that name. It was a total disrespect to what it really was it is the same a very chassis that in 2004 would have been worth about five hundred bucks.

I didn't have no knowledge of nitro, the only knowledge I had known as how to properly break in an engine. Every nitrile thing I sold from problems I've had from not knowing what I was doing as far as keeping the engine to idle or running right. And sold it to somebody else they never had problems. The first thing they tell me is this thing is taking care of the engines and good shape.
Just my opinion nothing personal or no offense meant. You are selling a USED Nitro for one, for two Kyosho isn't the best quality or most sought after brand, and 3 the pictures are really low quality so just looking at them seems like 10 years old pictures. I'd lower price a bit as NEW one is only what $360 and usually any USED RC parts or cars IMO are only worth about 50-60% original cost. Try taking better photos as again seems like the pictures where taken 10 years ago and really low quality, and lower price a bit is my suggestion.
Yeah that was one of the criticisms that the camera performance no matter what I try to do the camera is crap. No seller use Nitro I understand from history is harder than someone Electric because of several factors the nature of nitro and just the complex factors of nitro in general.

Kyosho I would say that cheap on some things. But it's not a cheap brand what's the weather. They actually been around for several years and this platform that I'm selling was a known Champion six-time world championship buggy called the 7.5 or the 777.

I will admit there are some cheap screws as far as the Phillips head sockets. Wish I had replaced a few times which are very cheap cheap.

I do agree about the photos. It's not necessarily a picturesque quality or catalogs or selling quality.

But Kyosho and the craftsmanship of some of their stuff is one of the best around. I will admit they had some cheap 1/10 scale stuff that look generic like a h s p or Redcat or something.

I even heard of some people having problems finding parts for their current ready to run Champion buggy I guess MP9. Even though before the MP9 it was the 7.5 sport edition. Which this buggy actually is.

I have a 8 mm camera that actually takes still pictures I only use it for occasions but now I'm thinking about since the phone thing is just not good no more I'm going to have to take that thing out and try it that tomorrow.

And nothing that you're saying that's offensive honestly otherwise I wouldn't be making this post. So thank you for everything that you're sharing.

is a good brand but they pooped out over the years by releasing cheaper platforms that are similar to either Redcat or something else that is cheap.

They have this 1/10 scale nitro car that look like it was between hspt or something from China.

Hey Kyosho and it matter what scale made way better quality chassis than that.

Also one of their cheaper platforms that looks so generic is this 1 1/10 scale item that has reversed its a miniature monster truck 1/10 scale I mean, that has reverse and it was one of the cheaper stuff out there. But you can tell they were just cheaping out just for Budget reasons.

The older platforms like the Mad Crusher and this buggy here are one of the few that are good under this brand. As well as the MP9.

I read a review that the MP 10 kit is not as good sort of. Plus for a $700 price tag for some kit. Same like the newer stuff have lesser support of parts.

Well this platform and the mad Force as well as the Neo been out for over 20 years. Hop-up parts that are available still.

Like I said the only good stuff they have other stuff that were from 20 years ago and branded different names.

Last edited:
It is used ,you are not going to get back what it cost you new ,that being said ,no one is
going to pay a high price for something used when they can put out a little more coin
for a new platform!
Should not take vids of a sell ,only pics ,do not give anymore details about it other than it
runs with good compression ,an try to keep the price & shipping down to the lowest that
you can deal with an not what you can squeeze out of it!..:thumbs-up:
Yeah I'm fully aware I'm not going to get a lot because it's used. I would say the videos would be Overkill as far as showing that what you could get with the car.

But the intention is to convince the people that the same condition that I'm getting and dealing with is going to be like that with them. I'm not somebody that selling something and trying to get by with scamming people. Cuz I know there's some of these scammers that make it look bad for really honest people you know I mean. Actually used to visit a couple hobby shops when they exist and people would sell used Nitro for bike about the price with new one sort of. Someone either get it sold or if it's depending on the condition and what you get at might not and then they lower the price down. Thumbs up to you partner
I responded to everybody and I found that every response I got was helpful and has some Leisure to it and was actually enjoying it. Thanks. I'm going to try again I got a camera I don't want to take you out because mainly it's a movie camera that takes mini DV tapes. But it also can take digital photos and transfer them Bluetooth from a older SD card. It's a 3ccd camera before the HD came out. I remember getting it from someone on eBay for a awesome cheap price. I'm going to have to set it up in the Tripod I just wish the batteries were good. I don't feel like buying no batteries because they're expensive Sony.
Here's the original invoice when I purchase it on December 18th 2020.

If I resent this even though I covered the personal information I wanted that would be convincing because honestly I have nothing to hide.

I've been honest on far far more than I could chew.

I just find it a shame that they dishonor the name of this chassis. It is actually a 7.5 one of the best-known cars of the early to mid 2000s. Before they changed the name.

Attachments

• Screenshot (694).png
    Screenshot (694).png
    186.1 KB · Views: 43
Last edited:
Yeah I'm fully aware I'm not going to get a lot because it's used. I would say the videos would be Overkill as far as showing that what you could get with the car.

But the intention is to convince the people that the same condition that I'm getting and dealing with is going to be like that with them. I'm not somebody that selling something and trying to get by with scamming people. Cuz I know there's some of these scammers that make it look bad for really honest people you know I mean. Actually used to visit a couple hobby shops when they exist and people would sell used Nitro for bike about the price with new one sort of. Someone either get it sold or if it's depending on the condition and what you get at might not and then they lower the price down. Thumbs up to you partner
I responded to everybody and I found that every response I got was helpful and has some Leisure to it and was actually enjoying it. Thanks. I'm going to try again I got a camera I don't want to take you out because mainly it's a movie camera that takes mini DV tapes. But it also can take digital photos and transfer them Bluetooth from a older SD card. It's a 3ccd camera before the HD came out. I remember getting it from someone on eBay for a awesome cheap price. I'm going to have to set it up in the Tripod I just wish the batteries were good. I don't feel like buying no batteries because they're expensive Sony.
Here's the original invoice when I purchase it on December 18th 2020.

If I resent this even though I covered the personal information I wanted that would be convincing because honestly I have nothing to hide.

I've been honest on far far more than I could chew.

I just find it a shame that they dishonor the name of this chassis. It is actually a 7.5 one of the best-known cars of the early to mid 2000s. Before they changed the name.
Selling it without wheels is pretty much as-is.

Here are the issues as I see them, and this just my opinion from my experiences.

1. Nitro r/c's are a hard sell just because the pool of potential buyers is a LOT smaller than the electric buyer pool.
2. Used nitro makes it a harder sell simply due to the nature of nitro. Too many have bought, improperly used/damaged and then try to as a good unit.
3. This one is missing the rims/tires
4. Your listing says upgraded but there is no details of any upgrades
5. The body is cut out more than factory - looks a bit rough
6. The listing is a bit disorganized when trying to read the description and could be improved with better grammar and punctuation.

Some good things are

1. It looks clean
2. Extra tools
3. Rechargeable battery packs/ ignitor

I'm not knocking you personally, just how it appears when I see it. Bottom line: It's not "bargain" priced but not real excessive since shipping is included. I think you just haven't found the the right buyer yet. I almost want it, I don't have any buggies.

Here are the issues as I see them, and this just my opinion from my experiences.

1. Nitro r/c's are a hard sell just because the pool of potential buyers is a LOT smaller than the electric buyer pool.
2. Used nitro makes it a harder sell simply due to the nature of nitro. Too many have bought, improperly used/damaged and then try to as a good unit.
6. The listing is a bit disorganized when trying to read the description and could be improved with better grammar and punctuation.

Some good things are

1. It looks clean
2. Extra tools

I'm not knocking you personally, just how it appears when I see it. Bottom line: It's not "bargain" priced but not real excessive since shipping is included. I think you just haven't found the the right buyer yet. I almost want it, I don't have any buggies.

Some good things are

1. It looks clean
2. Extra tools

Regarding punctuations and grammar give me examples on specifically what is wrong with my sentences?

What do you mean by not being organized.

Tell me any information because well I don't know nothing about grammar or punctuations except capitals and dots.

I'm not going to say more but that's all I know.

Last edited:

Some good things are

1. It looks clean
2. Extra tools

The photo's being very grainy don't help either. If I was interested in that and saw it on ebay, I'd skip it and move on just because I can't really see anything clearly.

This was my last nitro sale:
https://www.rctalk.com/forum/threads/savage-x-for-sale.127408/

Took 2-3 months and I wasn't asking a lot for it either.

update!! sold it and they had no problems

Attachments

• Screenshot (736).png
    Screenshot (736).png
    107.1 KB · Views: 31
  • Screenshot (737).png
    Screenshot (737).png
    137.4 KB · Views: 35
Back