I can't make up my mind somebody help me? I want it three of these nitro cars. But cannot decide what I want.

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

newnitro2020

Gone - bye bye.
Reaction score
I can't make up my mind somebody help me?

I want it three of these nitro cars. But cannot decide what I want.

I have a Traxxas Jato that's on my mind. I have a kyosho usa-1 on my mind and finally I have this Kyosho Nitro kit that is a on-road car.

Little problem I have a Traxxas Jato once before and I could never get it to stay on the ground at what just flip and break stuff every time.

I don't know much but it's somebody told me is this an off-road vehicle? And if it is how come it's mostly listed as on Road?

I mean it is way too fast are you don't even barely get the full throttle. It'll just flipped every flip I've dealt with it broke something.

Has anybody ever had problems with their Jato? I mean that's why I sold mine back in 2020 and got an inferno Neo 2.0 an older version.

Here's a video link because I'm going to better explain this problem.

Last edited:
Kyosho USA-1
Can't make up my mind one the options as far as pricing isn't that great.

2 there's like so much I want to do that I missed out on years back as far as nitro.

I was wondering can you tell me the size of the chassis because I always thought that the mat Force meaning the USA one was smaller than other monster trucks for 1/8????

Can't make up my mind one the options as far as pricing isn't that great.

2 there's like so much I want to do that I missed out on years back as far as nitro.

I was wondering can you tell me the size of the chassis because I always thought that the mat Force meaning the USA one was smaller than other monster trucks for 1/8????
Well, here are the specs.

Traxxas considers the Jato a muscle truck. That being said, even though its in street skin, traxxas did build an offroad version. Sadly, they took away the article on it. It was under pitpass on their site.

https://duckduckgo.com/?q=offroad+jato+pit+pass&t=samsung&iar=images&iax=images&ia=images

http://web.archive.org/web/20150316...ass/hopup/news/Building-Ultimate-Road-Jato-33

In order to reccomend I suggest 2 things. 1 parts availability, and the area you run. If its pebbles, a touring car will get tore up and might catch air. If its a long smooth area, the jato will love the top speed, and the touring car will be in heaven. If its off road, the trucks would fit better.

I'm having a hard time choosing of the 3 also.

Last edited:
Traxxas considers the Jato a muscle truck. That being said, even though its in street skin, traxxas did build an offroad version. Sadly, they took away the article on it. It was under pitpass on their site.

https://duckduckgo.com/?q=offroad+jato+pit+pass&t=samsung&iar=images&iax=images&ia=images

http://web.archive.org/web/20150316...ass/hopup/news/Building-Ultimate-Road-Jato-33

In order to reccomend I suggest 2 things. 1 parts availability, and the area you run. If its pebbles, a touring car will get tore up and might catch air. If its a long smooth area, the jato will love the top speed, and the touring car will be in heaven. If its off road, the trucks would fit better.

I'm having a hard time choosing of the 3 also.
I don't really know what you mean by the expression of muscle truck??

Please excuse my typing my device is acting crazy.

I'm trying to find out is it a good stadium truck. Jump or the drive on grass.

Or is it like what people say and all Road car.

Now I'm slow so you know when you give me a response you have to break it down in layman terms.

I don't know what you mean about no muscle truck at all.

But I'm willing to hear your information in your input. Thank you and I hope to hear from you Chewbacca.

Last edited:
Jato by far man!!! love mine and it’s super reliable and fast. Parts are easy to get and upgrades are very wide verity.

I can't make up my mind somebody help me?

I want it three of these nitro cars. But cannot decide what I want.

I have a Traxxas Jato that's on my mind. I have a kyosho usa-1 on my mind and finally I have this Kyosho Nitro kit that is a on-road car.

Little problem I have a Traxxas Jato once before and I could never get it to stay on the ground at what just flip and break stuff every time.

I don't know much but it's somebody told me is this an off-road vehicle? And if it is how come it's mostly listed as on Road?

I mean it is way too fast are you don't even barely get the full throttle. It'll just flipped every flip I've dealt with it broke something.

Has anybody ever had problems with their Jato? I mean that's why I sold mine back in 2020 and got an inferno Neo 2.0 an older version.

Here's a video link because I'm going to better explain this problem.
I have a nitro rustler that compliments my revo. I don’t have experience with the jato. But my rustler cranks wheelies once it gets in the power band or a small bump in the front suspension. That’s with the 2.5. It’s very fast but gives you the option with ripping off road. the on road doesn’t give you that. Maybe try the jato with a 2.5? It will give you the same speed with the gearing and 2 speed but maybe less wheelies. Also a lot of people add weight on the front end of the rustler and jato to help stabilize it.

I feel like the USA-1 is a novelty car. I’d be too worried hitting 3rd gear and possibly messing up that body or breaking a part. Doesn’t seem as tough as a traxxas and getting parts might be harder and more expensive.

I would go rustler or jato.

I wish the speed NT was more obtainable and aupported like traxxas.. Then. no comparison

Back