I Bought A lst

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MR4X4KING

I have more toys than I know what to do with.
Military Veteran
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Racing
Hello Everyone,
I bought a used lst that is in prety nice shape.
it has all alluminum arms and knuckles on it but the problem i see is there is too much play in the arms and the knuckes not where the pins go through.
the pins holes are tight the arm just slides back and forth like the parts were not made right or someone was mixing and matching lst 2 parts they do not appear to be worn. alot of trucks have plastic shims to shim the control arms
this has nothing.
does anyone make tiny thin shims to take up the play.
i am not sure who made the arms and knuckles but there is way to much play
it is a lst it still has 14mm hexes and the old style axles.
let me know if anyone has heard of this

Can you get a pic?

Sounds real odd to me. The hinge pins are not moving? Are the Integy arms?

If the arms are made by Integy you may as well trash them. They have probably been bent so often that they are already ready for the trash bin.

i will get a picture with the wheels off but here is a picture of the arms.
i see no name on them
it is to hard to see but it is where the knuckle meets the arm that is were the play is.

IMG00031-20100626-0931.jpg

Last edited:
Aluminum a-arms will lead to problems. Rather than flexing like plastic, they send all the impact inward, and trash harder to reach parts. If they're in good shape, I'd sell them and put stockers or rpm arms all around.

I must concur with Matt here. The stock LST arms are a lot beefier than those arms in the first place. They may look good but I doubt they will last long in that 13 pound rig.

You say the problem is at he hub end? That is even worse. A little slop on the end where the arms mount to the hinge pins is one thing. At the hub end is gonna cause a ton of wheel wobble. You could try shimming it up if you can find 'em small enough, but the shims are going to eat into the aluminum and will cause just as many problems as before.

Go back to the stock arms and don't look back. The LST is a great basher and, with the addition of sway bars, makes a mean racer as well!

lst

i allready ordered a set of arms,hubs,spindles,hexes bearings,spacers and pins off ebay for like 24 bucks then i should be good to go
i will post again when i get them installed

Hell, that's cheap enough. Those arms do look nice, but I'm sure you'll be much happier with the stock parts. It'll take a beating better and with the slop gone, will handle a lot better too.:)

Keep an eagle eye on those wheel hex pins! LST's are notorious for loosing pins. Also, check the grub screws on your out-drives (from the diff to the hubs). If they do not have LocTite on them I would add some. Grubs WILL fall out and your pin along with it.

BTW-That is one extremely clean LST! If you don't mind my asking, what did you give for it?

Back