I bought 1/5 used kraton in a great shape but whenever i go back words then forward i found alot of silver dust

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Karim

RCTalk Member
Reaction score
I bought 1/5 used kraton in a great shape but whenever i go back words then forward i found alot of silver dust which may be one of the gears is getting smashed or may be from inside the motor
at first i didnt notice it but i started feeling that its not the same mechanicl sound i started using it with before i enable the reverse on the esc
i dont know whats wrong with it
i checked the mesh and it seems fine
any advice will be super appreciated

you're gonna have to start dismantling things until you find out where the metal dust is coming from and fix the problem. If you continue to use it without fixing it first you risk damaging it further.

Start by inspecting around where the bulk of the metal dust is. Where is the bulk of the metal dust at? Does the K8 have a metal or plastic spur?

you're gonna have to start dismantling things until you find out where the metal dust is coming from and fix the problem. If you continue to use it without fixing it first you risk damaging it further.

Start by inspecting around where the bulk of the metal dust is. Where is the bulk of the metal dust at? Does the K8 have a metal or plastic spur?
The k8 is all metal , thats the 1/5 exp roller
i will disect today
i was just having an annoying prob with the batteries 😂

I dismantled it and i guess i found the reason
1- it seems the previous owner used a ring to fix it
2- the gear would go a little back and forth and that what made the silver dust
3- also if u check the marking on the mount , it seems the gear was hitting it also

Attachments

• 7F27E67E-F5EF-47AE-989B-6A3DFE61CF8D.jpeg
    7F27E67E-F5EF-47AE-989B-6A3DFE61CF8D.jpeg
    212.8 KB · Views: 42
Last edited:
I dismantled it and i guess i found the reason
1- it seems the previous owner used a ring to fix it
2- the gear would go a little back and forth and that what made the silver dust
3- also if u check the marking on the mount , it seems the gear was hitting it also
You feel like you have a solution for it? Is that silver ring some kind of shim or c clip? Should it be the grub screws holding the pinion in place and not letting the gear move ‘back and forth?’ Or it goes back and forth from the gear mesh slop? I’d say make sure the motor mounting screws are all snug too may be another under the pinion. And maybe space the pinion proper so it’s not rubbing.

Last edited:
Back