I am a computer idiot!

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wacmartin

DAMN TREES
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
My internet is giving me problems right now, the problem is it starts to load the web page but it won't fully load then I get a window saying the website is not responding and it won't recover it. My crapberry, iPod, and wifes iPad the internet is working fine its just the PC that's not.

I do all of my school assignments on here (classes are lectures assignments are done on your own time) and I need to access the schools websites to get the power points and what not to do some homework. Thank god the homework is not due until next week, but please help me anyways.

Are you on hard-line for Internet or wifi, if its wifi and if you don't have a static IP address your other devices might be eating up the signal?....try turning some of those things off.

On the other side, something might actually be wrong with the classroom server example: the power went off on their end and nobodies restarted the system. Try logging into a different webpage and see if the end result is the same.

Re-start your computer...not sure what else you can try.

Wifi never had this problem before but will give it a go. I think the wifi router whatever it is, is connected to the PC and the wireless devices are running off the wifi.

Tried different websites same results, and the school system is up I can access it from my tablet its just a pita to deal in this kind of application, I'd have to save the power points to the tablets instead of just running it through office on my PC.
Being a computer idiot restart is my go to move when somethings messed up on the computer, normally it works to but not this time.

Un-plug your router for 15mins plug back, turn back on, restarting always works for me too

Does you laptop?...have a button that interrupts Internet signal, my laptop is like that and sometimes I brush against it and the Internet stops working....it's as simple as pushing the button again

try deleting your cookies, temp internet files, & history if that don't work try updating your internet browser. you may try a different browser also ie firefox or chrome

I clean out my history after every use, I don't know if I have temporary internet files, and I already had Google Chrome and it's working.

Geek Squad, with pen holders will travel

I clean out my history after every use, I don't know if I have temporary internet files, and I already had Google Chrome and it's working.

Just do a disc cleanup... They will be gone.

Although I have an HP dream machine now, there was a time not all the long ago when I was constantly inundated with computer problems and difficulties.

I made it a point to become familar and friendly with the tech support folks at several big box stores and particularly thee young computer nerds that work at the Geek Squad desk over at Best Buy... Or my friend the manager at one of our local London Drugs computer departments. I'd rather get my help and info from knowledgable professionals.
Opposed to guesses and hopeful forum suggestions. Which are often helpful too.

Admittedly, regularly clearing cookies and cache, including temporary Internet files often solves plenty of these situations from ever occurring.

Unplugging the power sources for 15~30 seconds will also help release any static charge buildup, that is known, can also create signal interference.

Microsoft has had us all bent over a barrel for far too long anyway.
I guess that's the "Greek $quad!
Hahaha, yeah, stickin it to ya, for continued updates and newer better versions.

Chas