Hyper 7 Rally Cross ENGINE UPGRADES

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

trinbagonet

RCTalk Rookie
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Racing
HI there,
I have lots of questions I am new to all this so forgive me but..

The hyper 7 rally cross comes with a .21 engine would it be possibe to just put in a .28 or maybe a .32 big bore engine into it.
Will I have to change any else after I put the new engine in??

also what would be the best fuel to put into it.. I currently have a can of 16% is that ok??

:)

yes, a .28 will fit, a .32 MAY need a mod or 2, depending on what it is.
16% is OK, but when you run out, get at least 20%, big blocks like higher nitro content. It will run better, cooler, and have more power.You will have to re-tune for a different nitro%

I was told
that the stock 3 ports is more than adequate. A .28 or .32 is lower revving, so won't go as fast. is this true??

UMMM, no.
Gearing plays a huge part in moving the powerband of a mill. As does the pipe choice. NOTHING wrong with the stock 3 port mill, but a stock Force .28 will have more power than the .21 Force mill.
"FAST" is relitive.who cares if top speed is a little more with one mill, when the other will get to its top speed quicker?
For me, if you want to upgrade, I would find a cheap stock Mac/Force .28, get a decent pipe,get a bigger clutch bell, and call it a day.