Hyper 7 or 9.5? Best $500 RTR Buggy Out there?

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

O002

RCTalk Rookie
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
Hey guys. i just want your opinions...
I'm mostly a MT racer, but I want a buggy for the speed, handling, and jumping. I can only drop about 500 or so big ones. Any suggestions for RTR kits? Hyper 7 and 9.5 seem to be the best RTR's in that range. What do you think?

thanks...
what about the GT LX Pro?

It has a .25 engine

Are there any good mugen or kyosho RTR's for 500 out there? What about GS?

skip the ofna...if u want a to get an ofna, i recommend the hyper 7 pro. its s great buggy and it has the center torsen diff. the only downside is that its not RTR.

15 to 20 laps is mandatory for a buggy to run, AT LEAST. A-mains are 30 to 60 minutes, and your car needs to run for that long without problems. The only cars that can do that are mugens and kyosho. I have owned ofna and have expierence with GS, and in my opinion, neither of them cut it. My mugen is great, and so are kyoshos, the other buggies are just imitations of the kyosho and mugen buggies and are big pieces of junk. I'm sorry to be so blunt, but with my expierences this was the case. If you want a real buggy go with a mugen or kyosho, all the other buggies are just bad imitations. All GS or ofna buggies have a design copied straight from a kyosho or mugen. The reason that they are cheaper is because they are not made of high quality plastics and parts and cannot hold up nearly as well. If you go with a kyosho or mugen, it will be pricey, but it is well worth it. Believe me, I tried going the cheaper route with an ofna, and it ran like crap. I finnally got sick of it and got myself a mugen.

skip the ofna...if u want a to get an ofna, i recommend the hyper 7 pro. its s great buggy and it has the center torsen diff. the only downside is that its not RTR.

i heard the torson diffs are crap for offroad, but very very good for smooth surfaces like astro.

Did you happen to notice the thread you responded to is 6 years old with the last post being on 10/24/02?

Did you happen to notice the thread you responded to is 6 years old with the last post being on 10/24/02?

holy crap, oh yeah. hahaha, geez.

thanks for that man haha:hehe::whhooo::whhooo::whhooo:

go with the a hyper 8 if want a rtr. it has some upgrades that the hyper 7
doesn't have. At a-main hobbies you get a free hyper 8.5 upgrade kit for
$479 ( good deal ).

sure didn't. learn something new everyday.

Back