Hyper 7 BE - Throttle response

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TerryCTR

RC Newbie
Reaction score
Hello, after many years of my hyper 7 black edition laying in the garage I finally rebuilt a leaking shock and have now got the engine turning over which was a bit a mission in itself for a novice like me.

With the buggy sitting on the starter box I have now noticed that if I squeeze the throttle trigger too much the servo stops responding to any input until I turn off anreset. I can’t see anything catching so does that mean the servo is on the way out?

A few years ago I replaced the steering servo with a stronger 10kg (Skyion) and I’m wondering if I should do the same now or is there an alternative I can get delivered quickly?

Thanks

Terry

Hello, after many years of my hyper 7 black edition laying in the garage I finally rebuilt a leaking shock and have now got the engine turning over which was a bit a mission in itself for a novice like me.

With the buggy sitting on the starter box I have now noticed that if I squeeze the throttle trigger too much the servo stops responding to any input until I turn off anreset. I can’t see anything catching so does that mean the servo is on the way out?

A few years ago I replaced the steering servo with a stronger 10kg (Skyion) and I’m wondering if I should do the same now or is there an alternative I can get delivered quickly?

Thanks

Terry

If it is the original an old ,then the servo's internal lube is probably dust or hardened ,I would replace it an also how about
the receiver batteries ,what kind of batteries are you using ,just regular AA's or are they nicads?

If you are running AA's ,then I suggest to switch over to a Nicad which would require you to get a charger! :cool:

If it is the original an old ,then the servo's internal lube is probably dust or hardened ,I would replace it an also how about
the receiver batteries ,what kind of batteries are you using ,just regular AA's or are they nicads?

If you are running AA's ,then I suggest to switch over to a Nicad which would require you to get a charger! :cool:

thanks, it is the original - any suggestions for a replacement?

I am just using fresh out the box Duracell Ultra batteries that I’ve never had a problem with before and the steering continue to works fine so I am putting it down to the servo.

I only got this running to let my 2 year old see it so if it takes off and I keep using it I think I’m due a shiny new model as this ones had a hard life through my initial ignorance of Nitro RC

thanks, it is the original - any suggestions for a replacement?

I am just using fresh out the box Duracell Ultra batteries that I’ve never had a problem with before and the steering continue to works fine so I am putting it down to the servo.

I only got this running to let my 2 year old see it so if it takes off and I keep using it I think I’m due a shiny new model as this ones had a hard life through my initial ignorance of Nitro RC

All you need is a standard servo ,nothing too drastic ,you can check your local hobby shop ,should have one for 20 or less bucks!
You also can check E-bay for one ,but I like to find hobby or chop shop stores with in my state ,because the shipping is with 3 days
some times 2 day delivery!

I to run AA's in some of my RC's ,but I use the energizer rechargeable ones!...:cool:

All you need is a standard servo ,nothing too drastic ,you can check your local hobby shop ,should have one for 20 or less bucks!
You also can check E-bay for one ,but I like to find hobby or chop shop stores with in my state ,because the shipping is with 3 days
some times 2 day delivery!

I to run AA's in some of my RC's ,but I use the energizer rechargeable ones!...:cool:

Thanks, yeah I’ve seen a direct replacement for a couple of quid but like you say it will take time to deliver and ideally I can collect tomorrow. I tried to find the updated one to match the steering servo but no joy so I’ll go with what I can get.

I must have spent more hours trying to get this to work rather than actually running it after buying second hand 10 years ago now!

So I’ve just took delivery of the new servo and on opening up the transmitter area to swap over I noticed that if I push the throttle too much the fail safe is kicking in and that’s why the throttle servo stopped working!

I’ve got no instructions on how my hoboa controller (no digital screen) works as I bought second hand and have pretty much blundered into making every mistake going but I’m guessing this is all down to the end point adjustment and the fail safe is kicking in if the trigger is squeezed too much.

help!

Attachments

• 0CF8813D-7594-41CA-B992-EC4F2D884AC5.jpeg
    0CF8813D-7594-41CA-B992-EC4F2D884AC5.jpeg
    183.9 KB · Views: 57
  • 6744C2D4-39E1-455C-B345-2CFF49CA862F.jpeg
    6744C2D4-39E1-455C-B345-2CFF49CA862F.jpeg
    102.8 KB · Views: 65
  • 95C112DF-51CA-48B2-B489-7ADE365F69EB.jpeg
    95C112DF-51CA-48B2-B489-7ADE365F69EB.jpeg
    174.8 KB · Views: 69
So I’ve just took delivery of the new servo and on opening up the transmitter area to swap over I noticed that if I push the throttle too much the fail safe is kicking in and that’s why the throttle servo stopped working!

I’ve got no instructions on how my hoboa controller (no digital screen) works as I bought second hand and have pretty much blundered into making every mistake going but I’m guessing this is all down to the end point adjustment and the fail safe is kicking in if the trigger is squeezed too much.

help!

Usually a fail safe kicks in when a massive voltage drop or loss signal!

On the controller if I turn the ST D/R knob up the failsafe kicks in with any meaningful throttle press. If I turn it down I can press it quite a way before it does the same.

throughout all of this the steering servo continues to work so I don’t think it’s a loss of signal causing this problem

On the controller if I turn the ST D/R knob up the failsafe kicks in with any meaningful throttle press. If I turn it down I can press it quite a way before it does the same.

throughout all of this the steering servo continues to work so I don’t think it’s a loss of signal causing this problem

Could be a faulty receiver ,I dont use fail safes ,although ,todays radio gear has it built in ,I dont rely on them ,
I use & rely on mechanical throttle spring!... :cool:

Could be a faulty receiver ,I dont use fail safes ,although ,todays radio gear has it built in ,I dont rely on them ,
I use & rely on mechanical throttle spring!... :cool:
If I can get any meaningful time with this my plan would be to buy one of the latest Hyper VS’s and I’d make sure I’ve got better radio gear. The trusty elastic band was also going on to ensure it doesn’t run away but I was always told I needed this failsafe.

I’m ready for chucking this in the bin

I removed the failsafe and it keeps working so I need to remember how to reset the limits on that once I figure out how to set the end points.

I removed the failsafe and it keeps working so I need to remember how to reset the limits on that once I figure out how to set the end points.

Not sure ,so what is being said ,the fail safe is reading a un safe voltage drop because the servo is straining?...:hehe:

Not sure ,so what is being said ,the fail safe is reading a un safe voltage drop because the servo is straining?...:hehe:

Yeah I think that’s what’s happening but for whatever reason the failsafe is set too low. I’ll get this running without and then tackle that.

I will finally understand how all of this is working only for me to switching to electrico_O

Yeah I think that’s what’s happening but for whatever reason the failsafe is set too low. I’ll get this running without and then tackle that.

I will finally understand how all of this is working only for me to switching to electrico_O

The only thing that I can say ,is to re do your servo centering an adjust your linkages to were there is not too much tension on them!
If the linkages have the little springs an collars or the little plastic nuts ,then those may need to be adjusted ,that is what the springs
are for ,to relieve the tension off the servo ,after that ,you may need to calibrate the servo's end point adjustment on the transmitter
if it has it!

Back