HSP/ Redcat racing 1/10 replacement parts help?

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Shooks SLR

RCTalk Racer
Reaction score
So can anyone tell me if the redcat racing lower suspension arms fit the hsp flying fish chassis?
They look pretty similar and my hsp suspension arms are taking forever to get here the red cats suspension arms can be here in 2 days but I want to be confident that they fit ? can anyone help, does anyone have a redcat racing 1/10 touring chassis to measure the suspension arms (L×W×T) cm or mm ?
?????? any comparison of these parts can greatly improve my purchasing decision and save time and money ???

So can anyone tell me if the redcat racing lower suspension arms fit the hsp flying fish chassis?
They look pretty similar and my hsp suspension arms are taking forever to get here the red cats suspension arms can be here in 2 days but I want to be confident that they fit ? can anyone help, does anyone have a redcat racing 1/10 touring chassis to measure the suspension arms (L×W×T) cm or mm ?
?????? any comparison of these parts can greatly improve my purchasing decision and save time and money ???
I dont have a Flying Fish, but, i have another of HSP rebrand's, the Exceed Mad Speed Drift King, which is exactly the same car, and the auminum lower arms for the HSP on-road cars (which include the Flying Fish, the Drift King, and the Redcat Lightning STK) fit it perfectly. With my Drift king, i just get parts from whichever of the three cars i can find parts in stock for. I stupidly spent the money on this kit: https://www.ebay.com/itm/Upgrade-Pa...r-HSP-Redcat-flying-fish-silver-/323113065952 only to later put almost all of it back to plastic anyway, since the aluminum is cheap and bends easy.

Thanks a million I'm pulling the trigger I hope this works for the price ???????

I'm measuring for rear suspension it has dogbones the rear n the front has CVD's

I plan to go all 4 CVD's soon just to see how it handles
I dont race mine, i just run it around a parking lot near where i live. I originally bought it because i got it used for cheap, and was gonna build a rally car out of it, but then after i broke it a couple times, i dont use it anymore. One of these days i might go back to building a rally car out of it, but, i have a bunch of 1/10 SCT's that i use a lot more, so any RC money i spend tends to go to them.

I understand I have been getting good consistent speed with my setup till the plastic parts fail, the low suspension on it now is still plastic right now, but I've ordered the aluminum set they will just take longer than expected

Yes, Redcat rebranded that HSP platform for their EPX models. You want to get the Redcat Lightning EPX lower arms

Yes, Redcat rebranded that HSP platform for their EPX models. You want to get the Redcat Lightning EPX lower arms
Thanks that makes things a lot easier now I have options I didn't give a chance didn't know this info that these were interchangeable ??

Thanks that makes things a lot easier now I have options I didn't give a chance didn't know this info that these were interchangeable ??
Thanks so much y'all have been a great help, didn't know this amount of support was available I've been working at this build pretty much on my own Thanks for having my back y'all ????????????????

Thanks so much y'all have been a great help, didn't know this amount of support was available I've been working at this build pretty much on my own Thanks for having my back y'all ????????????????
A lot of guys arent big fans of most of the Redcat stuff, but, when i got back into it, my first car was a Redcat volcano EPX, then i picked up the Drift King and a Blackout XTE, and after what i have put them through, and seen how well they held up, i was pretty impressed. I now have a couple more expensive vehicles, but i still run my Redcat/Exceed stuff regularly. The last time the Blackout was out, there was a foot of snow on the ground, and nothing got damaged while letting a 9 year old run it that barely knows how to operate an RC car.

I know there are better choices out there but I got it on a deal brand new so I said why not, the mods and electronics I put in it gave me great results I am pleased with the performance but that just exposes the need to focus on more durability now, I kinda knew the factory parts weren't going to hold up so I expected to have this situation I just thought I could run it longer before having to deal with these upgrades now. Definitely not disappointed when this round of upgrades are done I don't expect to have any of these issues, I'm not drifting with it I'm more for speed n bashing on-road action and I get more power right now than she can handle so my thing is controlling that power

I know there are better choices out there but I got it on a deal brand new so I said why not, the mods and electronics I put in it gave me great results I am pleased with the performance but that just exposes the need to focus on more durability now, I kinda knew the factory parts weren't going to hold up so I expected to have this situation I just thought I could run it longer before having to deal with these upgrades now. Definitely not disappointed when this round of upgrades are done I don't expect to have any of these issues, I'm not drifting with it I'm more for speed n bashing on-road action and I get more power right now than she can handle so my thing is controlling that power
I haven't put any Speed indicators like GPS or speed gun on it yet but I can see it in the 70-90 mph so far, the handling is my new focus. At speed the steering is way to much, smaller controller corrections are giving sharp hard responses resulting in a roll over or two between corrections and forward momentum

I haven't put any Speed indicators like GPS or speed gun on it yet but I can see it in the 70-90 mph so far, the handling is my new focus. At speed the steering is way to much, smaller controller corrections are giving sharp hard responses resulting in a roll over or two between corrections and forward momentum
Under throttle control I can drift it on-road so it's accurate that way, just when I get up in speed I'm getting big responses from small corrections I'm looking at the steering set up and how to dial that in? going through my steps, right now I'm at control and durability.

Under throttle control I can drift it on-road so it's accurate that way, just when I get up in speed I'm getting big responses from small corrections I'm looking at the steering set up and how to dial that in? going through my steps, right now I'm at control and durability.
I definitely don't have the space to run it full throttle right now.