HSP Flying fish build

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Shooks SLR

RCTalk Racer
Reaction score
This is my HSP FLYING FISH my 2nd and most recent build, it's pretty much basic chassis I only upgraded the knuckles to Aluminum set as far as the chassis, I installed Rocket Pro V3 motor and Quicrun 120A sensored brushless esc other basics like receiver and servo also installed nothing crazy also did light kit on it with same body like the first got them on a deal, on this one my rear lower suspension arm is broken from going airborne from debrie on the road thank the lord not a bad wreck those upgrade parts are also on the way from Amazon so for the moment I have nothing running but I get great performance when they aren't wrecked, haven't had the opportunity to gps a speed run yet but that will be done as soon as my parts get in and I do repairs I've been super impressed with both my cars I get very good speeds from both but the HSP offers more fine tuning with the sway bar and adjustable links my only complaint is I don't have a big enough area to run them.
20201217_153006.jpg
20201217_153033.jpg
20201211_200311.jpg
20201217_153132.jpg
IMG-20201214-WA0009.jpeg
20201217_153836.jpg
20201211_185609.jpg
IMG-20201214-WA0008.jpeg
20201212_172909.jpg

This is my HSP FLYING FISH my 2nd and most recent build, it's pretty much basic chassis I only upgraded the knuckles to Aluminum set as far as the chassis, I installed Rocket Pro V3 motor and Quicrun 120A sensored brushless esc other basics like receiver and servo also installed nothing crazy also did light kit on it with same body like the first got them on a deal, on this one my rear lower suspension arm is broken from going airborne from debrie on the road thank the lord not a bad wreck those upgrade parts are also on the way from Amazon so for the moment I have nothing running but I get great performance when they aren't wrecked, haven't had the opportunity to gps a speed run yet but that will be done as soon as my parts get in and I do repairs I've been super impressed with both my cars I get very good speeds from both but the HSP offers more fine tuning with the sway bar and adjustable links my only complaint is I don't have a big enough area to run them.
Isnt the Fish a drift car? I have an Exceed RC Drift King, and i thought it was basically the same car as yours. I have been trying to find info on how to set mine up as a rally car, but so far havent found any info on what needs to be done.

Isnt the Fish a drift car? I have an Exceed RC Drift King, and i thought it was basically the same car as yours. I have been trying to find info on how to set mine up as a rally car, but so far havent found any info on what needs to be done.

Yes it's sold as a drift car but I didn't install the drift knuckles or use that much camber that's the only difference that I see, I haven't had the opportunity to look at one in detail in person but I've looked at a lot of those models online and the set up these guys run use heavy camber and there knuckles have longer knuckle links so they get more turning radius that's all I can tell for the difference in chassis, all of them I watched and take notes of also use gyro other than that they are almost the same. From what I can tell it's how you set up, having the ability to set camber, toe and the sway bar gives the car drift capability with the drift tires ??it's a wrap from the base model we have it's not that hard it seems. Not too many parts to change, however you can use upgrade parts that can give you more flexibility to set up your car for that.

Yes it's sold as a drift car but I didn't install the drift knuckles or use that much camber that's the only difference that I see, I haven't had the opportunity to look at one in detail in person but I've looked at a lot of those models online and the set up these guys run use heavy camber and there knuckles have longer knuckle links so they get more turning radius that's all I can tell for the difference in chassis, all of them I watched and take notes of also use gyro other than that they are almost the same. From what I can tell it's how you set up, having the ability to set camber, toe and the sway bar gives the car drift capability with the drift tires ??it's a wrap from the base model we have it's not that hard it seems. Not too many parts to change, however you can use upgrade parts that can give you more flexibility to set up your car for that.

For rally set up it's the same set up apart from taller shock towers and taller damper shocks, they use bigger front bumper and I see bumper brace in back rally tiers and better skid Plate only other things to do is to get upgraded parts.

For rally set up it's the same set up apart from taller shock towers and taller damper shocks, they use bigger front bumper and I see bumper brace in back rally tiers and better skid Plate only other things to do is to get upgraded parts.
I have done the shocks already, but, i think my issue is still gearing, because even with the shocks, and rubber rally blocks, it still just wants to drift everywhere. I have also had an issue with losing dogbones, to the point where my brother wont work on it anymore, and i hate doing it, so it mostly just sits on a shelf. One of these days i might mess with it again, but who knows.

I have done the shocks already, but, i think my issue is still gearing, because even with the shocks, and rubber rally blocks, it still just wants to drift everywhere. I have also had an issue with losing dogbones, to the point where my brother wont work on it anymore, and i hate doing it, so it mostly just sits on a shelf. One of these days i might mess with it again, but who knows.
For the gearing ⚙ I have 64T metal Spur gear & 24T metal pinion gear set up, then for the dogbones I use small rubber bushings on the inside cups as needed I actually use them in as many points of contact to also stop unwanted vibration but they work for the dogbones to keep them in also.

Attachments

• 16107716628689174722872334991409.jpg
    16107716628689174722872334991409.jpg
    271.8 KB · Views: 137
What
This is my HSP FLYING FISH my 2nd and most recent build, it's pretty much basic chassis I only upgraded the knuckles to Aluminum set as far as the chassis, I installed Rocket Pro V3 motor and Quicrun 120A sensored brushless esc other basics like receiver and servo also installed nothing crazy also did light kit on it with same body like the first got them on a deal, on this one my rear lower suspension arm is broken from going airborne from debrie on the road thank the lord not a bad wreck those upgrade parts are also on the way from Amazon so for the moment I have nothing running but I get great performance when they aren't wrecked, haven't had the opportunity to gps a speed run yet but that will be done as soon as my parts get in and I do repairs I've been super impressed with both my cars I get very good speeds from both but the HSP offers more fine tuning with the sway bar and adjustable links my only complaint is I don't have a big enough area to run them.View attachment 124618View attachment 124619View attachment 124620View attachment 124621View attachment 124622View attachment 124623View attachment 124624View attachment 124625View attachment 124627
What Sway bars link kit you using, do you have a part #?
What

What Sway bars link kit you using, do you have a part #?

Back