Hsp camper is spinning wheels

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nitrocar543

RC Newbie
Reaction score
hi I have a hsp camper and it is just reving high and the wheels keep spinning its not the idle screws fault I closed it so much that the car shut off when i start it up again the wheels just keep on spinning and thoughts

hi I have a hsp camper and it is just reving high and the wheels keep spinning its not the idle screws fault I closed it so much that the car shut off when i start it up again the wheels just keep on spinning and thoughts

just to confirm, your throttle trim is set correct as well as the idle screw?
high idle is typically from too lean of a LSN, to wide of an idle gap, or an air leak.
i would start re-tuning to factory settings, or at least the LSN back to factory, with a 1mm gap (will need to be reduced after tuning the LSN) and go from there.
how old is the car? maybe swap out fuel lines as preventative measure.

just to confirm, your throttle trim is set correct as well as the idle screw?
high idle is typically from too lean of a LSN, to wide of an idle gap, or an air leak.
i would start re-tuning to factory settings, or at least the LSN back to factory, with a 1mm gap (will need to be reduced after tuning the LSN) and go from there.
how old is the car? maybe swap out fuel lines as preventative measure.

The car is 2 months old it is a hsp camper I would go back to factory settings but I don't know them and can't find anything about it the idle gap is not the problem for sure it must be the lsn or the throttle trim

if possible try taking a pic of the engine, i am going to assume its an SH18, but i dont want to say that and it be a VX18.
should say on the side of the engine, if not on the top.

Factory settings from what i could find, show the LSN being 2.5 turns from closed, HSN 3.5 turns from closed.
one of the forums i was reading was saying that the LSN can be screwed in too far, and will drop out into the carb. watch for this and keep an eye on it. maybe start with flush instead?
or even from where it is now, back it off 1 full turn. and go from there.

if possible try taking a pic of the engine, i am going to assume its an SH18, but i dont want to say that and it be a VX18.
should say on the side of the engine, if not on the top.

Attachments

• 20200702_134055.jpg
    20200702_134055.jpg
    254.3 KB · Views: 58
  • 20200702_134135.jpg
    20200702_134135.jpg
    225.4 KB · Views: 57
I
Factory settings from what i could find, show the LSN being 2.5 turns from closed, HSN 3.5 turns from closed.
one of the forums i was reading was saying that the LSN can be screwed in too far, and will drop out into the carb. watch for this and keep an eye on it. maybe start with flush instead?
or even from where it is now, back it off 1 full turn. and go from there.
Tried these settings but it isn't starting i found out that when my lsn is closed that much the fuel doesn't go through to the carb