hsp bazooka dies when fuel level becomes lower than fuel nipple pick up

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Wishy

RC Newbie
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
i just bought i bazooka and every time the fuel level drains lower than the fuel pick up point/hose the car dies.

Does the fuel tank require to be pressured from the second exhaust hose? i have looked at the hose and appears not to be leaking. Do i have to take it a step further and check it under water?

has anyone else had similar problems?

thanks

There should be a line going from your exhaust pipe to the top of your tank. You are correct this is what pressurizes the tank and pushes fuel to the engine. If that is not hooked up it can cause a problem.

It is a 1/8 scale buggy that is kinda like a Redcat..Himoto...better than Acme but not by far. A cheaper China brand.

There should be a line going from your exhaust pipe to the top of your tank. You are correct this is what pressurizes the tank and pushes fuel to the engine. If that is not hooked up it can cause a problem.

ok i'll double check it again. there lies a washer/ O ring in the fuel tank cap, i might replace that and try again.

On another note: i think its a terrible design. clearly when the fuel is below the fuel line pick up, the second hand air from the exhaust chamber sucked into the fuel tank will then be sucked into the fuel line and thus into the carbie. Why not just keep to the traditional way and have the fuel line pick up at the lowest point of the fuel tank.

thanks

ok i'll double check it again. there lies a washer/ O ring in the fuel tank cap, i might replace that and try again.

On another note: i think its a terrible design. clearly when the fuel is below the fuel line pick up, the second hand air from the exhaust chamber sucked into the fuel tank will then be sucked into the fuel line and thus into the carbie. Why not just keep to the traditional way and have the fuel line pick up at the lowest point of the fuel tank.

thanks

something is wrong, there is something missing in the tank or something if the fuel pickup is that high in the tanke. i believe it won't be on the bottom due to sucking up trash if you got it in the tank, but it shouldn't be at the top or middle of the tank either. i would not try running it without the fuel pickup being completely submerged, you'll run it lean!

Back