HPI SF-50WP trouble

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FirsthandSnow

RCTalk Member
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
I've put the HPI SF-50WP servo in my Savage XL as a steering servo, only the thing doesn't work very well. It won't go back to neutral and barely turns the axles. However when I remove the link to the servo saver etc, the servo is fine and works and returns to neutral, but as soon as I link the servo up to the servo saver and steering, it flakes and is awful.

I've loosened and tightened the servo saver which makes absolutely no difference, I really don't know what to think now. I'm ready to rock and roll with everything else, but the damn servo is holding me back, haha any clues guys?

Cheers!

P.S some pictures for how I have it set up

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Does the servo horn the correct one for the servo? Maybe the wrong spline count...I was using one for a throttle servo and I had the wrong horn on it and it wouldn't return to center. It kept ending up in weird locations.

Just clicked on your link....maybe that's not it.

Remove the servo horn and move the steering linkage by hand to see if it's binding or moving freely. Something in there might be putting too much of a load on the servo for it to work properly.

Can't tell anything from those pictures, way too dark. Did you center the servo once it was connected up to your RX before installing the horn?
Hi, I do apologise about the pictures, but yes, I connected the servo to the receiver and centred it and then installed the servo horn

Then try Rolex's suggestion. Has to be something binding somewhere. As I say at work constantly, if it was working before you monkeyed with it, then un-monkey it and try again. :D

Then try Rolex's suggestion. Has to be something binding somewhere. As I say at work constantly, if it was working before you monkeyed with it, then un-monkey it and try again. :D
So this might have been an error on my part, I may have had the screws all a little too tight, I loosened them off slightly and it works great now, or at least at the moment aha I'll report back tomorrow once I've given it a run

So this might have been an error on my part, I may have had the screws all a little too tight, I loosened them off slightly and it works great now, or at least at the moment aha I'll report back tomorrow once I've given it a run
Glad to know you got it fixed :)

Back