HPI Savage Octane conversion

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DreamMachine

RCTalk Talkaholic
Active Military
Reaction score
Now before anyone starts giving me crap for this lol, I did NOT buy an Octane, just parts of it. I also did this because I've been trying to come up with a way to mod the 3spd in a way no one has done before. Lets also not forget what I do to my savages, I turn them into top speed machines (yes I have bashers too....good to have options) That said all I ask is that people think outside of the box ;)

2_zpsa4740028.jpg

5_zps5d7135a8.jpg

I'm not the first to do crazy things to the savage, this is HPI's top speed twin from 2008 I believe

10348951_739504292779432_3320706934455575765_o_zps746f90ee.jpg

Oh and its not finished yet either

when i saw the title i thought savage x/xl to octane,

your truck looks sweet good luck keep us posted

side note: hpi should release that skid plate they used on that savage twin if they haven't already, looks sweet would need a slight mod for the fuel tank but i would use it

HAHA well I'm glad to see some understand where I come from. I would have to say I'm the first to convert the octane to nitro and its not as easy as one would think but i do believe the setup offers some nice things like LCG TVPs, even the tranny is LCG, this setup is a mid tank modders dream. If I wasn't saddle mounting the fuel tank I would have the octanes servo/batt box mounted on the side like stock. Oh and the steering servo already has a box from factory to mount it like the FLM tvps. I see a lot of advantages in this setup of the XL

Let me know when you're ready to make it go faster and I'll send more decals. ;)

haha no doubt dude

Back