HPI Savage 25 RTR Discontinued

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yep it is, HPI just came out with the new Savage X which will replace the 25 RTR.

BTW, welcome to RCNT!

Last edited:
Wow, I didnt hear about that.. weird. The Savage X is basically the same though isnt it?

Yea the X is similar, just all the little problems with the 25 were fixed (radio box, hexes, easy diff/tranny access...etc)l and its got a new engine. Also LCG TVPs and some other minor things.

wow, thats a shock. I guess pretty much all savage parts are universal tho except for savage X...

That means my .25 is now a collectable!!! Where will HPI stop? I want a Savage with a V-twin...:ponder2:

I love my savage 25!!!!!!!!

supersavage said:
That means my .25 is now a collectable!!! Where will HPI stop? I want a Savage with a V-twin...:ponder2:

v-twin nah

V8

they will probably come out with a Savage X SS Kit so then they can raise its price and make more money than before. idk tho who knows

Hey guyz found this out!
redhatman said:
I guess pretty much all savage parts are universal tho except for savage X...
Compatibility!
Careful attention has been paid to maintain the tradition of Savage aftermarket support. Most of the new Savage X features are compatible with the long list of Savage aftermarket parts already available, and older Savage trucks can be upgraded to most of the exciting new parts found on the Savage X.

Savage X parts that will fit on past Savage trucks:
Transmission Case (easier to remove)
Differential Housings* (front and rear)(easier to remove)
Shock Towers (additional shock locations)
Suspension Arms (lighter)
Radio Box (easier access)
Slipper Clutch (dual pads plus rubber dampening)
Savage X Chassis Plates* (lowered CG)
F4.1 Engine
* May require a few extra parts for conversion

Parts carried over from past Savage trucks:
Internal Differentials
Internal Transmission
Dogbones
Driveshafts
Brake
Axles
Exhaust
Uprights
C Hubs
Body Posts
Body Position
Engine Mount & Plate
Servo Saver
Shocks and Springs

Savage X parts that will NOT fit on past Savage trucks:
Alloy Roll Hoop
Spur Gears (hardened steel gears will fit with new inner hub)
Polycarbonate Receiver Cover

looks like they fixed the few problems i had with savage.I only hope they upgrade steering servos for those big wheels.

Thanks for the info NitroDude! I guess it's like everything else... You get something and soon after it's discontinued and then something better comes out as a replacement.

I still think my S-25 rocks though! It's a keeper!

Back