HPI Salvage Roto Start

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

markjohnson151

RC Newbie
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Racing
When I was playing with my salvage i went inside for a little and came out to start and know the roto start won't even turn the motor over like the shaft is locked what do i do

Does the RotoStart turn without being in the engine? If so, turn the flywheel backwards to take the piston out of its' compression stroke.
Your battery would also have weakened if left out in the cold.

I ran into a very similar problem. If Rolex's suggestions don't cure your ails pull your glow plug and turn the rig upside down then try the RotoStart. In my case the fuel gravity fed the carb while I was away, flooding the engine.

Does the RotoStart turn without being in the engine? If so, turn the flywheel backwards to take the piston out of its' compression stroke.
Your battery would also have weakened if left out in the cold.

the roto start does turn when without being in the engine. I trie tuning the flywheel back but when i stick the roto start back in it only turns about one turn then locks up again and i had just charged my battery

Loosen the glow plug slightly to relieve some of the compression during starting. When it starts, tighten it down. Let us know if that helped.

I ran into a very similar problem. If Rolex's suggestions don't cure your ails pull your glow plug and turn the rig upside down then try the RotoStart. In my case the fuel gravity fed the carb while I was away, flooding the engine.

Thank you very much that was exactly what happened i flipped it back over and it started turning over

Now go apologize to it for calling it a "Salvage"! One good WOT run into your shin for punishment!

Now go apologize to it for calling it a "Salvage"! One good WOT run into your shin for punishment!

LOL!!! more like 2 runs at WOT in the jewels...:hehe:

Last edited by a moderator:
This happens to me often if my rotostart's battery is on like a quarter charged