Hpi Rs4

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cul8ter70

RCTalk Member
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
I was wondering what would be a good engine for it don't know if it matters but its not belt driven any help would be great

Thanks

It all depends on your budget and what you are using it for.

Cheap engines like this won't last long and can be hit or miss when it comes to reliability and power.

You could also get an HPI engine like the ones that came with the rs4 such as this one

Or you can have the more expensive option, an OS engine with great power and durability, very easy to tune.

As I said, it all depends on what you want it for.

IMO the HPI 3.0 is a junk motor and best served in a landfill, Nitrohawk did point you in the right direction with OS as they make great and easy to tune engines that are very reliable. Anywhere from a .12 to .15 would serve that car fine. Anything bigger like a .18 or more will probably start breaking other parts on the car because of the excess power they produce

Thanks a lot nitrohawk I have one of those os engines so I'll put that in it now is there anything I'd have to change cause of the more power?

Which OS engine do you have? Is you RS4 a belt drive model or shaft drive?

You should be ok with a .12-.15 on stock configuration, the .18 can stress the differentials too much, mostly when used on high grip tracks. In other cases the wheels will just break traction and take some load off the diffs so you shouldn't have any problems.

I have the 18cv-r and it does have shaft drive so I would be better off with the .12 or the .15 what brand would be good

Try it out, as I said as long as you don't abuse it on high grip tracks you will be fine. Let me know how it goes!

Ok thanks yea I'll let you know how it turns out gonna order a few things today