hpi rs4 rtr 3 evo

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Burstsnipe

RC Newbie
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Racing
Hi, new here and looked at some threads but didnt see any close enough to what i want to ask so.
I got this rc car that is in my title and it wont start, its new and all on factory settings, I just wonder how much does it have to say about the glow plug and the fuel since i got a savage XL that I got no problems starting with 16% nitro but my rs4 dont, and both are recommended to go on 20-25% nitro.
Is there anychance that is the problem to start it so I gotta get another glow plug to it or is there someone that got some other experience with this car that makes it sound dead?

when I first got mine I had to put a pull start on it cause the roto stat that came with it didnt cut it at all. I put a pull start on and now no probs. I hope this might help.

when I first got mine I had to put a pull start on it cause the roto stat that came with it didnt cut it at all. I put a pull start on and now no probs. I hope this might help.

i got a pullstarter on it, but tryed with rotostarter to but no luck on both, but thx for a answer.

i am waiting for more answers :)

when you prime it make sure you dont ove prime it and flood it out. I did that acouple times. 2-3 times should prime the line enough. i am thinking. I will go start it here in a min to see what I gotta do when I start it.

when you prime it make sure you dont ove prime it and flood it out. I did that acouple times. 2-3 times should prime the line enough. i am thinking. I will go start it here in a min to see what I gotta do when I start it.

yea, i am new but not that new :)

---------- Post added at 6:13 PM ---------- Previous post was at 5:59 PM ----------

i got a link to a youtube clip that aint mine but mine sound like it when i try to start it, so maybe someone got a idea, for me it sounds like it just dont get the the nitro to start exploding.

Last edited by a moderator:
Is your glow plug glowing orange when you connect that glow igniter?? doesn't sound like it, might be a bad glow plug or igniter imo..

didnt mean any disespect at all. I made that mistake cause I didnt notice the fuel going through the line.

so now i can get it started with no problems but it wont last, i prime it but it goes for few sec then quits, i tryed the idle screw so i get bigger gap but no luck

does it die out if you rev the engine alittle bit???

it sounds like the engine go for full gass and then die

have you checked your clutch??? almost sounds like the motor might be not getting enough fuel. have you sealed the motor and make sure no air leaks??

yes about the fuel thing i think to but dont clutch seem fine

hugh I will talk to a couple people to see if they have any ideas and I will get back yo you.

okey, thx so far for the help

Back